Quest for Front and Rear Signals

BoneJj

Says it works with LED's as well as incandescent bulbs. So should work for you. If your's are stock why don't they have DRL capability?
stupid things that kawi does with some parts. I have 2 forward facing lights at the top of either side of the headlight that are white lights that are always on.

So I guess they think I don't need amber running lights...

I want to come up with a good LED conversion for those next to the headlights but the problem is that I want to do LED and if I do LED it's going to be 1 watt LEDs so I will then need to have some heat sinking for them, I just have to come up with a process for that. not too worried about it right now though.

Edit, OK, looking at the specs on them:
Blinker Genie
High-Power capability of 12A/ 180 Watts (2A/ 30 Watts recommended).
So there may be an issue of how much draw they will have, I will have to look up the bulbs and see what kind of wattage they are before I order them. I really like this idea though as it will help to get my day time visibility up. I'm all for that!

OP if you want to get some first cheap side markers:
www.dx.com
Cheap china stuff that works pretty decent, just takes a while to get here.

Last edited:

lwclancers

I have determined I am finding my solution tonight haha....front signals, back signals, dome/modular/led strip, necessary adapters/splitters as needed, brackets as needed, led flash relay.

I need to make an actual list haha

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Yup, thats the relay I would get as well!

If I dont change my mind back to flushmounts (especially if I get the dome pods) I might go with these for front and rear signals:
2X 18 LED Turn Signal Light Carbon Fiber Indicator Front Rear Motorcycle Amber | eBay

18 LEDs...most seem to be 10-14. Price is decent. I THINK I can get them to work with the stock signals boots. Carbon fiber goes with my mirrors and exhaust.

Just would need the signal geenie, relay, and some wire adapters I suppose.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

Yup, thats the relay I would get as well!

If I dont change my mind back to flushmounts (especially if I get the dome pods) I might go with these for front and rear signals:
2X 18 LED Turn Signal Light Carbon Fiber Indicator Front Rear Motorcycle Amber | eBay

18 LEDs...most seem to be 10-14. Price is decent. I THINK I can get them to work with the stock signals boots. Carbon fiber goes with my mirrors and exhaust.

Just would need the signal geenie, relay, and some wire adapters I suppose.
I would recommend to just solder the connection as it will leave you with a much more reliable connection for the life of the bike. After soldering just use some good electrical tape and go to town.

That way you never have to worry about the connections going bad because a splitter failed and corroded your wires. Also a soldering iron is a great way to ensure that you don't damage the wire itself when stripping wire back. Just melt the wire casing off and you are good to go.

I highly recommend a soldering iron of at least 60W, mine is 150 though and temp controlled. Works great!

lwclancers

Yeah, I looked at these or something similar when I got mine. What is a signal genie?
I meant blinker genie :)

Bone, thanks for this link ( dx.com ) looking at it now.

lwclancers

These arent bad either. Sigh, I cant decide :)

New 18x LED Motorcycle Turn Signals Race Carbon | eBay

Bone..soldering sounds easy, but, electrical just isnt my thing. All the more reason I was really hoping to find 3 wire signals for the front and 2 wires for the back, and call it a day.

nytefal

I've been looking at item similar to these

tasty!

OR!

lwclancers

Those BARRACUDA signals are the best Ive seen for short stalks! Awesome. Id like to get those at least on the rear!

If I cant find those, Im strongly leaning towards flushies, at least on the front. Can anyone who is a little more in the know tell me if either of these would fit? Each are similar, but one has a deeper base than the other. Also, each has its own resistor, so a relay would not be necessary:

1. 2009 2013 Yamaha YZF R1 YZFR1 Flush Mount LED Running Turn Signal Lights | eBay

2. 2008 2013 Yamaha YZF R6 YZF R6 Flush Mount LED Running Turn Signal Lights | eBay

I want to couple those with these:
Small LED Black Dome Cafe Racer Turn Signal Lights Amber | eBay

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

I cant figure out from the depth, which would work better. I guess I need to go stair at the fairing a little more. I really like them...for $50 they arent bad, have the stock connector and no need for a flash relay, it seems like a good deal.

Then again I would need the flash relay for my rear signals.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Mine didn't fast flash until I changed the front. Rear signals didn't affect flash rate. Don't know if everyone had that same result.
Great to know!

Im racking my brain between the 2 flushies above...cant figure out from the look whether they would work or not on our fairings.

lwclancers

I forgot I had the fairings off, sigh. I'm a little ocd about this tonight, I won't be online much tmw at all.

But I think I need the deeper ones...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

lwclancers

lwclancers

So maybe I need the R6 and not the R1 signals...number of folks indicated the R6 protons fit. Guess Ill see if they respond

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Believe I will try the R6 flushies....got these replies from Motodynamic:

@ the R1 flushies:
"Two guys already took the plunge and sent them back for a refund because they are too long. This is due to the FZ6R hole being too shallow."

@ the R6 flushies:
"The R6 ones have the shorter base so it might work. If you don't mind modifications you can probably make it fit by trimming the base until it sits flat.
We have a 30 day return policy if you should decide to return it back. Just make sure it's in the original condition."

Given the R6 protons seem to fit (based on other threads) Im hoping the R6 signals here fit. Gonna try these and the dome lights above in the front. Still undecided on the rear signals.

Last edited: