Promise Ring Question?

My wife wore hers on her left ring finger then moved it to the right after we got married

Who cares what gimmick it was from the ring company. My b/f didn't drop loads of money on the promise ring...and besides just being a promise to each other...i got a nice ring. In general i have a nice piece of jewelry to proudly wear on my finger...so rook, if you want to get your girl a nice piece of jewelry while at the same time making a promise to her to always be there for her and other things (its not that we forget, but sometimes the guy making an effort to TELL us again, is really nice) just go for it!!

;) Thanks..

By your girl jewelry? Fine. No harm in that. But a promise ring, to as you put it "promise to her to always be there for her" makes no sense. That "promise" to always be there is called engagement. If you aren't engaged, then you haven't quite promised her have you? So the promise is really, I promise I'll always be there, until I get tired of you, then I won't be anymore.

If I were a chick, I'd find a promise ring insulting to my intelligence, frankly. Thanks for the ring, but save your half assed promise till you buy me the one with the kickass diamond in it.

lol... hahaha.... Dude, I enjoy reading your posts.

Heck, I'll just think about my options... No way I'm ready for an engagement ring. I was married in the past, 6 years... My wife then, cheated on my so many times... Long, horrible story, I won't bother you all with that! Anyhow, thanks for all the advise...

If I were a chick, I'd find a promise ring insulting to my intelligence, frankly. Thanks for the ring, but save your half assed promise till you buy me the one with the kickass diamond in it.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I totally agree with you Mike. I think a promise ring is a joke. Ok, so you love someone, but aren't quite ready to get married... No problem! BUT, there are so many other things that I would rather have than a ring thats not an engagement ring that says I love you....but not enough to get engaged to you yet. Bah! It would be like a slap in the face to me. I would NOT be pleased. Don't get me wrong, some people are down with it, but for me, I would be P.I.S.S.E.D. I know you love me, so get me a diamond bracelet or earrings if you want to get me jewelry. If you want something that proves we are together and that is meaningful to the both of us, there are plenty of other things that can represent that.

Please don't get her a promise ring unless you guys talk about it. Some find it sweet. Some find it offensive. I would just check and make sure to see which type she is. :eek:

Back