No more bike!

TX_FZ6R

So I bought a 2009 FZ6R in January. Paid $5500 for it and loved it to death. Last night some POS stole it from my apt. Life sucks!

that suck man...a buddy of mine got paid for his bike that got stolen then magically the cops found it after they issued him the check...the thefts altered the plate and rigged a dummy switch to start the bike

F*&^! It happen in my neiboorhood few months ago too, That F*&^ sucks! I keep mine lock up in a garage all the time. Hope you find it!

they always seem to turn up...either wrecked or they get pulled over

Hopefully you will get it back........if not, that is what insurance is for

Damn, reading this even brought my day down. I'm sorry to hear that.

So I bought a 2009 FZ6R in January. Paid $5500 for it and loved it to death. Last night some POS stole it from my apt. Life sucks!

Hey man, sorry to hear about the bike. That is a really crappy thing for someone to do :(
Personally, I let my bike sit outside overnight sometimes, and I am curious how you had your bike parked/locked up, etc. I would love to prevent this type of thing from happening to me, or anyone else on this forum reading the thread. Could you give any pointers on what we should do to avoid this? That would be great! :thumbup:

Again...sorry for the loss, I can't imagine what it feels like :(

i may be too trusting or i may live in a good city but i let my bike sit parked on the road every day/night

would love to prevent this type of thing from happening to me, or anyone else on this forum reading the thread. Could you give any pointers on what we should do to avoid this? That would be great!

How about a BIG F'in DOG chained up next to your 6R:thumbup: TX_FZ6R, Sorry to hear about this. I hope the Police find the person(s) who did this.

Last edited:
I live in a apartment(first problem), but it is a large apartment with patrol 24/7. There is that false sense of security! I have it locked up with a xena alarm lock on the front and nothing on the back. Then aggressive look of the bike is what the cop said attracts people to steal it. There are a lot of bikes in my apts, some a lot faster or more expensive than mine but are older and don't have that "street fighter" look. I guess knowing what I know now a cover would help, but keeping it outside if someone wants it and they have enough time then they are going to get it.

I'm so sorry this happened to you and I hope that you get your bike back!

The thief (thieves) have something coming for them - karma. They'll pay soon enough.

...but keeping it outside if someone wants it and they have enough time then they are going to get it.

Exactly. It only takes a few big guys less than a minute to pick up a bike and put it in the back of a truck, after that they have all the time in the world to defeat whatever security you have on it. If you keep your bike outside, there is really only so much you can do if someone wants to take it except to make sure that your insurance is paid up to date.

Last edited:
dang that totally sucks dude... :(

i hope that ur insurance covers it or the police recover it.

Damn, I'm glad I can put mine in the basement. I would not leave it outside in my neighborhood. People are fucking asswipes, I had a bicycle that was chained up in front of my house, it got stolen. I hope you get it back! I'm going to be installing Lojack as soon as I get the money for it.

Back