New Owner

Hoptownky

Just purchased a black FZ6R yesterday. I am 53, and wanted something that was light, maneuverable, and sporty looking. I rode about 60 miles after picking it up, and was very pleased with my purchase. This is my second motorcycle. My first was a 750 Honda Shadow. I discovered that I enjoy riding lighter weight motorcycles. I am just getting back into riding, having taken a 4 year hiatus. I am a trial attorney who lives in Hopkinsville, Kentucky although my practice is in Clarksville, Tennessee. I plan on getting a center stand, frame sliders, and a tank protector. Suggestions would be appreciated on the aforementioned items. Be safe.

welcome & congrats!

Thanks; i've already gone a little crazy.

I ordered a set of OES sliders and center stand from Motech. I also picked up a mirrored visor for my Shoei Helmet. When the warranty expires i'll probably add an auxiliary receptacle, upgrade the seat, and maybe look at a larger windscreen. So many options!:D

I have the OES sliders. if you search you'll find them and other brands; opinions vary, think it boils down to how the bike crashes/lands will result in the sliders working or possibly braking off.

once you get them on, occasionally check the tightness of the bolts. the used bike I bought lost one of them, prev. owner did go down but not hard, only scratched about half of the end of it, said must've vibrated loose and doesn't recall when literally flew off :eek: least did it's job on impact

Back