Running different after black widow exhaust install

Nrstar8088

Hello all.

I was really hoping to get some advice.

I just installed a low level black widow 300mm oval exhaust with headers (obv) and I'm noticing that my mph is lower now at same RPM than before.
For instance, before I would generally be at around 65mph at around 6500 RPM. Now at 6500 RPM my mph is more like 53-61.

Also I almost feel that there is no power gain in low range which I thought was supposed to be affected?

Not sure if it's because of me riding differently but i really don't think so.

I'm wondering if I should reluctantly get a power commander v ?

I'm extremely confused about power commander (V) / fuel tuner/ dynotuner/ fuel controller/ flash ecu tuner(?) and their differences/relationship to each other.

I don't mind spending $300 for power commander V but would I also need fuel tuner and/or something else?
Like block off plates?
I do have a gytr air filter installed from previous owner.

I have looked up alot on this subject but couldn't find exact answers to these questions. Wanted to do exhaust and that's all but now that it's running different id like to be sure everything is OK and perhaps optimized.

Again I would greatly appreciate some guidance /advice as I'm a fairly new rider.

Thanks so much for reading.

Side note:
The black widow 300mm sounds absolutely awesome in my opinion, inexperienced as I am. It's much louder than I thought and I haven't even tried without the baffle out.

Matt3000

Hey, with a full exhaust you will want the tuned engine. I have the PC FC, and brought my bike in to get tuned by a professional with a dynojet. Pretty sure the PC5 can do more functionality, but nothing you will need (I believe). Also once you get it tuned once your good to go. You should test with and without the baffle to see what you like before tuning, as it will effect the air flow and tune. (slightly, I believe)

Nrstar8088

So after doing more research it seems like I can go get my ECU flashed and that's that.

Or

I can buy the power commander V and try to find a map to install with it.

I read that ECU flash has more options and more detail.

Not sure what to do but just wanted to post this.

Was really hoping to just install the exhaust. Having a motorcycle is quite expensive especially when you really love it!!

Fabes_movin

So after doing more research it seems like I can go get my ECU flashed and that's that.

Or

I can buy the power commander V and try to find a map to install with it.

I read that ECU flash has more options and more detail.

Not sure what to do but just wanted to post this.

Was really hoping to just install the exhaust. Having a motorcycle is quite expensive especially when you really love it!!
Power commander is better IMO. It has the ability to set several different maps so you can have multiples for various occasions. I have read Marthy makes the best maps hands down

Nrstar8088

Thanks for replies so far. Much appreciated

I watched the video and think I might do the power commander but still need to think things over.

Are these maps from Marthy still available and if so with black widow exhaust?

And are they costly?

And I'm still wondering if block off plates are needed and if that's an easy diy job.

Fabes_movin

I think you only need block off plates if it's going from a 4 to a 2. So only you can tell that.

Check out YouTube channel "half click up"
I think he has the maps to share. He's active on this forum

Matt3000

I don't think an ECU flash exists for the FZ6R. I could be wrong but even the guy who tuned my bike said there wasn't. You should search the forums for maps. Pretty sure there are some to download. But it may not be perfect if it isn't the same exhaust.

Half-Click Up

My understanding is there isn't a company out there that will ECU flash the Fizzer.
I myself run an R6 header with Radiant Cycles Shorty GP and the Hindle Performance tune.
I ran Marthy's RevA map for years and it's a fine tune; however, the Hindle tune is dyno-based and delivers a bit more mid-range and top-end pull for my application. Drop me an email at [email protected] if you'd like the Hindle map.

Rumpig

Changing the exhaust will have no effect on rpm/speed relationship , something else is going on.
The ecu can be flashed companies in south america are doing it.

Nrstar8088

Actually i just noticed today that the 02 sensor bolt was out and must have fallen off mid ride. Perhaps that's the cause of the different rpm speed.? Or maybe the way I was riding, I dunno but I plugged it up and it seemed OK on long ride today.

I'm in usa and i think I'll go with the power commander anyway. PCFC is what I'm leaning towards. I'll make final decision by midweek.

Thanks everyone for the info/replies/advice etc