New member welcome thread

victorfz6r

Hello All

Hello guys and gals
My name is Victor I live in Montebello, CA. been riding on and off for about 8 years. I originally bought the 09 white FZ6R for the wifey but she decided it wasn't for her so I got it. I love riding it makes me feel free :) looking to do lots of mods to the bike, thanks to fellow members for sharing :) and answer all the dumb questions I will have ahead :D I look forward to learning new things about the bike and hope everyone rides safe :)

neilg

Hello all!
My name is Neil from upstate NY near Albany. Bought my FZ6R a few months ago and I freaking love it!! Thought it was about time to introduce my self and My VERY FAST black 2011 6R. I have done a few mods: competition werks FE, Shogun no cuts, Carbon-fiber tank pad and puig windscreen. I have a few mods still to add but dont have the time, so there they sit in a box in the garage. Hope to learn a lot and if anyone lives near Albany LETS RIDE. Here are a few pics from my fun ride in the mountains today.

Attachments

Gooner73

¡Hola!

Newbie from San Antonio... I'm a 38yo. relatively new rider- started in '05. After completing the MSF course, I bought my first bike, an '05 Suzuki GS500F, and I'd initially planned on "upgrading" to the Suzuki GSX650F. However, after further research and experiencing the raven 2011 FZ6R at my local dealership, I had to go with the FZ6R. So, here I am and look forward to sharing my experiences with this beautiful bike.

200 mi. down, 400 to go! :)

Last edited:

prtwin02

Hey

my name's gloriemar and i live out in CO. I just bought my yamaha fz6r '09 in white after graduation. it's been fun to ride so far.

I'm looking at installing some frame sliders. any recommendations as to which ones as far as no cut goes?

DragonBlu

Welcome and ride safe! I installed the T-Rex sliders on mine. Do use the search button and you will find all the info you need on these and different brands of sliders. :)

Last edited:

majadero

new bike

Hey I'm from Prescott, AZ...Just got My FZ6R from New York over a month ago. Due to "technicalities" i could not ride till a week ago, after I got it all squared away. My bike is the 2010 Pearl White/Rapid Red. Brand new bike, brand new rider...eek

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! :d

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:welcome: to all the recently added members!

bakkenlab

my name's gloriemar and i live out in CO. I just bought my yamaha fz6r '09 in white after graduation. it's been fun to ride so far.

I'm looking at installing some frame sliders. any recommendations as to which ones as far as no cut goes?
where part of colorado are you from?

And i went with the shogun no cut frame sliders, piece of cake to install. You can use the search function as well to see what others have chosen.

Churry

New Rider

Hey all,

My name is Andy and I'm from California. I'm hoping to be purchasing a FZ6R as my first bike and couldn't be more excited about it.

I just finished my MSF two weeks ago and had a blast doing it. After doing extensive research about bikes, Ive come to the same conclusion that most other new riders have for their first bike: SV650s, Ninja 650R, or the FZ6r. After more research, everyone says how the FZ6R is a better bike.

I hope to learn a lot from everyone!

icsam

Icsam from Bradford, Ontario.
Wrote my 2009 ZX6R off last week - SUV rear ended me hard.
Looking for a 2011 FZ6R.

Great forums!!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Ryan85

I should also introduce myself, as I've visited the forum the past couple of weeks and joined a few days ago.

I'm Ryan from Indiana, and I got my 2009 FZ6R about 3 weeks ago. I've already put almost 1,000 miles on it (My commute to work is 55 miles one way).

I've been riding for a couple of years now, and I started on a 150cc scooter. After riding that for half a season, I decided to get a motorcycle, and I wanted to get a sport bike, but my Harley-riding family convinced me to get a cruiser (a 2009 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom). I rode that all of last year, but really wanted the FZ6R.

I rode a couple of months this year, and finally decided to get what I wanted. I've taken some shots and many back-handed compliments from the family, but I'm happy with the purchase.

I'm glad I found this forum, and would like to find some people to ride with in the area.

Rookasaki

I should also introduce myself, as I've visited the forum the past couple of weeks and joined a few days ago.

I'm Ryan from Indiana, and I got my 2009 FZ6R about 3 weeks ago. I've already put almost 1,000 miles on it (My commute to work is 55 miles one way).

I've been riding for a couple of years now, and I started on a 150cc scooter. After riding that for half a season, I decided to get a motorcycle, and I wanted to get a sport bike, but my Harley-riding family convinced me to get a cruiser (a 2009 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom). I rode that all of last year, but really wanted the FZ6R.

I rode a couple of months this year, and finally decided to get what I wanted. I've taken some shots and many back-handed compliments from the family, but I'm happy with the purchase.

I'm glad I found this forum, and would like to find some people to ride with in the area.
Welcome...:)

ndfz6r

New Bike, New Rider

Hello, My name is Jay, and i am from Fargo, North Dakota, please no jokes about the movie. I am 39 and finally got my bike license. I just bought a 2010 Raven carry over this Spring and have 800 miles on it. I do love the bike and kick myself for not getting one 20 years ago. Oh well, better late then never? Everyone I know rides some kind of a cruiser, but they just never appealed to me. Felt a little weird getting a sport bike at 39, but now know it's not too out of the ordinary. I have a fender delete kit for my bike that is not installed and might do a few other mods as well. The bike is really easy to ride I've found, but I do regret not getting something with a little more punch. Next year I am going to find a quicker bike and keep my FZ6R for work. As another poster noted, I have been lurking on this sight for two months now so thought I would say hey. A quick observation, you guys are a pretty neat forum, very helpful to one another. :)

deputydog

OLd Guy, New Bike

Hi I'm John. Currently living in Oshkosh, Wi. Grew up in Florida. Started riding when I was 15. Just picked up my 2009 FZ6R today. Traded in my 98 Katana 600 for it. Was looking for something that wasn't quite as wide in the seating area and Yamaha's have always been good bikes for me.