Nation wide helmet laws by state

Let's keep it civil...

Calling his actions dumb/immature/etc. ok...

Calling him a dumbass/bastard/etc.. not cool...

fine line... but yeah, we all have opinions... respect other members

I think he originally referred to the action, then it was turned into calling him that and blown out of proportion. As much as I'd love to watch this entertaining post unfold, just take it to private chat if you really want to go at it so you both don't embarrass yourselves by arguing over a silly name calling.

:surrender:

Holy shit people, stop!

Thank you Blue for the info on helmet laws per state. This thread is getting a little out of hand! People have a right to their own opinion. I wear a bullet proof vest for safety. Is it a guarantee that it will save my life, NO! But I wear it. Some cops don't, it's their life, their decision! Please, let's stop the personal attacks and keep this a friendly/family forum! Thank you!

Last edited:
:surrender:

Holy shit people, stop!

Thank you Blue for the info on helmet laws per state. This thread is getting a little out of hand! People have a right to their own opinion. I wear a bullet proof vest for safety. Is is a guarantee that it will save my life, NO! But I wear it. Some cops don't, it's there life their decision! Please, let's stop the personal attacks and keep this a friendly/family forum! Thank you!

It's the internet, and a forum at that, can't really have friendly/family in that category. Forums are made for debate, arguments, and discussion, your going to get a few names thrown around in that, and a few people that get aggitated by what others say.

I have my opinion about both the OP, and his choice on helmets, and i'll express them accordingly just like I always have on this site since I joined over a year ago.

Also, Cursing is not family friendly Rook :rolleyes::D

This is a discussion that can and will go on forever...
I have spent the last month going back and forth with MN State Reps and senators about the new law they are trying to pass up here that will force all riders to wear helmets or pay for special plates so they don't have to wear one. (and yes i have been and still am in contact with State Reps. and Senators about this bill, if i can have a healthy debate with a politician i'm sure we can have one on here without insults or attacks.)
Helmet Law Introduced in MN Legislature | ABATE of Minnesota

It's the internet, and a forum at that, can't really have friendly/family in that category. Forums are made for debate, arguments, and discussion, your going to get a few names thrown around in that, and a few people that get aggitated by what others say.

I have my opinion about both the OP, and his choice on helmets, and i'll express them accordingly just like I always have on this site since I joined over a year ago.

Also, Cursing is not family friendly Rook :rolleyes::D

the fact that you think an online forum is a free pass to attack others shows you shouldn't even be on here. Simply stating that you don't agree with MY choice would have been enough. you took it to far and you don't even think you did anything wrong!. Take a step back and think.

This is a discussion that can and will go on forever...
I have spent the last month going back and forth with MN State Reps and senators about the new law they are trying to pass up here that will force all riders to wear helmets or pay for special plates so they don't have to wear one. (and yes i have been and still am in contact with State Reps. and Senators about this bill, if i can have a healthy debate with a politician i'm sure we can have one on here without insults or attacks.)
Helmet Law Introduced in MN Legislature | ABATE of Minnesota

Not in the forum world that I know LOL Politician's are paid to talk professional and all that. People here, and on other forums aren't.

This is a valid thread there was no reason for this to get out of hand. a respectful debate could have been started but it didn't happen that way. I'm done with the back and forth out of respect for the other members on here who don't want or need to see this stuff. I am more than open to a thread talking about why we feel the way we do about helmets,gear or whatever but only as long as it stays constructive and respectful from all sides. thanks and sorry to all members this annoyed or upset

the fact that you think an online forum is a free pass to attack others shows you shouldn't even be on here. Simply stating that you don't agree with MY choice would have been enough. you took it to far and you don't even think you did anything wrong!. Take a step back and think.

I never said it is a pass to attack others, and no I didn't do anything wrong. I expressed my opinion, which I will continue to do!

does anyone else have anything to say about this topic so we can get it back where it should be.

Alex it doesn't make me a Dumbass its my choice. I'm not choosing to be a dumbass I'm choosing to ride how i want to ride. if you think I'm a DA that's fine but a simple i don't agree with your choice but i respect your freedom to choose would be enough

Alex it doesn't make me a Dumbass its my choice. I'm not choosing to be a dumbass I'm choosing to ride how i want to ride. if you think I'm a DA that's fine but a simple i don't agree with your choice but i respect your freedom to choose would be enough
I just could not resist to answer the question the way it was worded. Please don't take it too seriously.

I do apologize.. I do not mean to personally call you a dumbass. The action in and of itself is what I am speaking towards.

We then get into the cost factor of trying to keep you alive when you would have been just fine if you wore the helmet. Insurance rates, medical, etc.

Of course it is your choice. Even though it is in my opinion an extremely dumb one. No, personal attacks and names are not needed here. But we do not want people to get hurt. Its not smart. (is this the same as calling YOU not smart, or dumb?. Its not meant that way but take it for what it is I guess). We are judged by our actions. Not smart actions = ? :confused:

I respect freedom, but when its a choice that makes the rest of us pay, how much CAN we respect it?

I dont want this to get into a big thing like it already is. Your opinion wont change, neither will ours. There is no hard feelings. I do not see it as an argument. We are all friends here.

Back on topic, helmet laws. (kinda what we are already discussing no?) ;)

I'm going home for the day.... :surrender:

I respect the views of those who think its not smart to go without a lid, but in the same way i respect how others ride,what gear they wear and the other choices they make i would hope that my choices are respected as well. I thank you that understand and would like to have this be healthy debate thread(respectful)

Back