My new Tail!

Scorpielle

My husband found this great tail elimination kit on eBay, it came with small indicators , but for visibility I wanted to keep the stock set, it turned out very nice and neat! :D

sideview.jpg

backview.jpg

Looks good! :thumbup:

I'm going the integrated tail light route, myself. Hopefully I'll be able to pull that off in the not-too-distant...

Price

Can u share the price he paid and also if can set up a link so i knwo where to find one i been looking for one. Thanks.

I have that same setup from the same seller on eBay. I ended up doing the same thing you did and kept the oem turn signals. Be sure to have them screwed on tight. Overtime they get loose and I ended up ruining one of the turn signals when it came off and the wires got shredded when I was on the highway.

On other note, the led turn signals he provides are excellent. They are very bright compared to stock.

I have that same setup from the same seller on eBay. I ended up doing the same thing you did and kept the oem turn signals. Be sure to have them screwed on tight. Overtime they get loose and I ended up ruining one of the turn signals when it came off and the wires got shredded when I was on the highway.

On other note, the led turn signals he provides are excellent. They are very bright compared to stock.

Thanks! yeah we coated it in lock tight so hopefully it holds :D

Looks *great*!

This was absolutely the push I needed to pull the trigger on a fender eliminator. (Actually, just needed a light nudge).

Thanks!

My husband found this great tail elimination kit on eBay, it came with small indicators , but for visibility I wanted to keep the stock set, it turned out very nice and neat! :D

sideview.jpg

backview.jpg

I was looking for a FE kit that allowed me to keep the oem signals and I think this fits the bill.

Only have on question. How many LEDs light up the license plate and is it really as bright as the seller indicates? I believe I read somewhere that there needed to be a minimum of 4 lights and the need to be white in color to be legal.

Do you have a citation for that? Look at pretty much any vehicle and you'll see just one or two dinky incandescent bulbs are all that comes OEM. Look at your stock fender and what do you see?

I can't find anything. I may have seen or read something incorrectly. I want to say it was an article or something about the targa FE kit which comes with four small white LEDs.

Either way, I'm just wondering how well the plate is lit up at night. 'Cause this kit looks pretty sweet and I would like to buy it.

Maybe you saw it on the integrated taillight? Mine has some led's lighting up the plate at night, it's bright.

I have the same kit and the plate light is very bright.

Thanks for the assurance that the plate light is bright.

I think I'm going to order this kit. If its not too much of a pain switching out the lights, I think I'm going to first check our the led lights he sends with the kit. If I like those I may just stick with that. Otherwise I'll keep the oem lights.

Although I think if I plan on switching out the front turn signals for flush mounted ones, it might look odd having the oem lights in the back and sleek flush mounted signals up front.

looks great :)

that type of setup is, however, illegal here in california. :( by law, we are required to have reflectors -and- a separate plate illumination light.

Back