My new project

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

trackfiend

No doubt the waiting has been killing me! Just checked the tracking number and the package is in town as of 5:30am today! Hopefully it will get delivered today as well and I can go ahead and get the headlight mounted and maybe go for a ride while the weather is decent this week. Pics will follow as soon as stuff arrives.

trackfiend

YES! The mail has arrived and the parts are exactly as promised! I don't have all of the trim parts for the headlight yet as I wanted to see if everything was going to be what it was supposed to be. Headlight and gauge are mounted and fully functional! Everything bolted right into place with no issues. The radiator fairings will still need two more trim pieces on each side and a couple small brackets to bolt up, but they look great just hanging on the bike. I am absolutely stoked on how this is going to look when done.

As for where I bought the parts I am purchasing everything from MOTO MATAKOS in Thessaloniki, Greece. The person that has handled my requests and been extremely helpful at the shop is Panagiotis. Everything is genuine Yamaha parts and were carefully packed for shipping to the States. Shipping time was exactly as stated by them and arrived just under the fifteen days they had told me. Anyway there e-mail is [email protected] and just tell them that Chris from Texas sent you and they will be glad to help.

On to a couple pics.

Attachments

stephaeb

Thanks again Bert...

I´m already start to make a list with the parts and bolts.
In fact, the seat are a little more expensive that I expect... :eek::eek::eek:

Your best bet is to look through this page & decide which bits you need...
partshark store

This is where i ordered my parts from (US shipped to Australia), with many thanks again to Russ Sears from Oakland! He most kindly donated his barely used FZ6R twin seats with risers & rubber grommets to me.

The utmost important parts for fitting the FZ6R seats to an XJ6 are the:
SEAT BASE-UNDER 36P-2475B-00-00
BRACKET-SEAT 36P-24728-00-00
and all associated bolts

I made do with relocating my existing SEAT LOCK ASSEMBLY,
however I did require the PLATE 20S-24792-00-00

Make sure you research your OWN bike before pruchasing the parts you require,
previously other FZ6R users have made mistake before of assuming their FZ6R is exacly same as my XJ6S and purchasing parts that don't fit

Good Luck I hope it all works out! :D

dste0395

YES! The mail has arrived and the parts are exactly as promised! I don't have all of the trim parts for the headlight yet as I wanted to see if everything was going to be what it was supposed to be. Headlight and gauge are mounted and fully functional! Everything bolted right into place with no issues. The radiator fairings will still need two more trim pieces on each side and a couple small brackets to bolt up, but they look great just hanging on the bike. I am absolutely stoked on how this is going to look when done.

As for where I bought the parts I am purchasing everything from MOTO MATAKOS in Thessaloniki, Greece. The person that has handled my requests and been extremely helpful at the shop is Panagiotis. Everything is genuine Yamaha parts and were carefully packed for shipping to the States. Shipping time was exactly as stated by them and arrived just under the fifteen days they had told me. Anyway there e-mail is [email protected] and just tell them that Chris from Texas sent you and they will be glad to help.

On to a couple pics.
Chris, can you take a close up picture of your instrument cluster mounting from the underside?

trackfiend

Chris, can you take a close up picture of your instrument cluster mounting from the underside?
I tried to get a good pic for you, but it's a little hard with how tight the headlight is to the forks now. Attached are a couple pics though to hopefully help. I will take more soon with the headlight off as I am going to pull the gauge mount to paint it since it came unpainted. Should have done it sooner, but I was to impatient to get the light mounted so I could see what it looked like. :D

Attachments

trackfiend

I know I haven't updated in a little while, but I've been swamped at work. Anyway I did receive another box from the great people at MOTO MATAKOS. Got everything I needed to finish out the side fairings for the radiator with the exception of one little bracket I forgot to order. Anyway I really like how the bike looks now. The last items I need are the headlight trim and to decide what color to paint the bike. I've been thinking about a matte grey, but can't make up my mind. Anyway on to the pics.

Attachments

Kayo7

I know I haven't updated in a little while, but I've been swamped at work. Anyway I did receive another box from the great people at MOTO MATAKOS. Got everything I needed to finish out the side fairings for the radiator with the exception of one little bracket I forgot to order. Anyway I really like how the bike looks now. The last items I need are the headlight trim and to decide what color to paint the bike. I've been thinking about a matte grey, but can't make up my mind. Anyway on to the pics.
Looking good man. Glad to see your hard work pay off.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

trackfiend

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I was thinking about the plasti dip actually. There's a local guy that's doing it so I might talk to him about shooting the bike for me.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

trackfiend

Finally got some mirrors mounted up. Picked them up off of Ebay for only $25 shipped and wasn't expecting much. Now that I've got them I am surprised by the quality. The mounts wouldn't work with the bars so I took the stock bar ends to work. We have a lathe so we cut the diameter down to match the mirror. Then I just clamped them directly to the bar ends and they work perfectly.

Attachments

MrPyklet

This is one of the coolest conversions I have seen, top job mate!!

Could you please post a parts list that you nee to order for this conversion, I would absolutely love to do this to my burnt orange fz6r!

:wav:

trackfiend

Thanks for the compliment.I will try to post up the list this evening for everyone. I'll also give the link to the shop I have purchased my parts through.

trackfiend

Sorry for the big delay in getting the parts listed guys. Work's been crazy and I spent the past week with my youngest son for his Graduation from Basic Training for the Army. Incredibly proud of him! The lists are below for you guys and the shop name I dealt with is on the lists as well. They are great to deal with and very helpful. The costs may be slightly less than normal as they gave me a discount as I ordered more parts.

MOTO MATAKOS
MARGARITA MATAKOU
LAGADA 120 THESSALONIKI, NEAPOLI 56727 Greece
Phone: +30 00302310522774
Fax: +30 00302310513986
[email protected]
Invoice number

Description
Quantity
Unit price
Amount
20S-84119-00-00 - Yamaha genuine Stay, headlight 2
$26.00
20S-84118-00-00 - Yamaha genuine Stay, headlight 1
$10.00
20S-8431R-00-00 - Yamaha genuine stay, setting
$8.00
20S-28396-00-00 - Yamaha genuine plate 1
$12.00
20S-24881-00-00 - Yamaha genuine meter bracket
$18.00
Description
Quantity
Unit price
Amount
20S-2172R-01 - BRACKET 5
$20.00
20S-2172T-01 - BRACKET 6
$11.00
20S-2171L-00 - MOLE, SIDE COVER 1
$19.00
20S-2171M-00 - MOLE, SIDE COVER 2
$19.00
20S-2171N-00 - MOLE, SIDE COVER 3
$18.50
20S-2171R-00 - MOLE, SIDE COVER 4
$19.00
20S-2172E-00 - STAY, SIDE COVER 1
$5.50
20S-2174E-00 - STAY, SIDE COVER 2
$7.00
20S-21843-00 - STAY 4
$4.00
20S-83559-00 - METER COVER
$13.50
90480-14003 - GROMMET
$3.00
$12.00
20S-2171X-00-P0 - Description (optional)
$60.00

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

trackfiend

I pulled all of the part numbers from the XJ6N parts manual that's on the forum before I ordered. If someone has the XJ6 Diversion F parts manual he can definitely get you the parts. Everything is factory Yamaha parts to so they fit perfectly.