My daughter's first rifle

JSP

Super Moderator
This was actually MY first rifle when I was about 8 or 9 years old. She is 8 years old. It was time to pass it down to her. We have been going over all gun safety, handling, etc for a long time now.

It is a Marlin .22 single-shot bolt action. Love this little guy. It is a little over 22 years old. I hope she keeps it and passes it down to one of her children (FAR into the future :)).

She was helping me clean it and then posed with it. I will take her out shooting it when the weather gets warmer.

camerac3602013012318054.jpg

camerac3602013012318145.jpg

Very cool Jay. It reminds me of the days when a person could mention guns in a conversation and others won't give you a dirty look.

Very cool Jay. It reminds me of the days when a person could mention guns in a conversation and others won't give you a dirty look.

I know! When I was in junior high, I brought that very rifle into school for hunters safety class which was offered by the school. We also reloaded our own shotgun shells at school, brought in shotguns and went on a field trip shooting clays.

Not the same anymore... :(

Made me proud though how mature she is about guns. She recites all the rules of safety, etc. She will make a fine shooter and a great addition to the shooting world. Next will be getting her into the youth hunting programs. She is already begging me to bring her hunting with me this year. :)

Always great to hear gun tradition being passed down. I too got my 20 gauge when I turned five.

And you're right about the schools. A few of us at school had parents that hunted and they occasionally brought in their deer or what not and had their gun in the back. Could you imagine that today. :eek:

I like it. Seems like you're not only responsible, but respectful...best kinda role model there is. You must be very proud.

im jelly.....all i got is a high velocity break barrel pellet gun.

I'm working her up the the 30.06 :D.

No, that will be a long ways to go for that one. My wife won't even shoot it. :rolleyes:

Kids and their first .22, boy do they go thru the shells, most will prolly shoot more during that time period than the rest of their lives. Lots of great memories with the nephews when they were little; enjoy it, those are the best years IMO (4th grade thru 8th grade).

Very nice Jay, good to see proper handling and respect for firearms passed on to the next generation.

a great first rifle. i bought my son a single shot cricket .22 for his first. he still likes shooting it and loved it when he was small because he could handle it easily.

now we have a .22 sig 1911 for his to shoot steel. they sure grow up fast.

cute daughter. be proud

Back