Murphy's Law

DakinechicK

I want to know WHO this murphy is because I'd like to speak with him!! (That would be sarcasm leading me into my story).

Was on my way to trade in the bike today when along came a truck who, by the way, had been following me for at least 5 miles, so he KNEW I was there..... RAN into the back of me throwing me over the handlebars of my bike. A cop, luckily was next to him and saw the whole thing. As I lay in the street to compose myself, more cops pull up and see me clenching my leg so called an ambulance. Oh geez. I'm fine. The bike landed pretty much on top of my leg so it was just super tender. Some really nice guys in two different cars helped pick up my bike and seemed pretty concerned for me, sweet. The guy in the truck, never, not once made eye contact with me which was good on his part! Ambulance eventually left and the cops wrote the guy, get this, 5 tickets! He was in his work truck, talking on his cell phone, digging around on his passenger seat looking for something, and had no seat belt on. Did the words "ahole" want to come out of my mouth? Of course! But, I just left it to the police to do what they had to do. They were very nice.

ANYWAY, was SUPER upset!! Now I'd have to wait to get things fixed and it would be a ways away before I could get something else. Let me repeat, I was ON MY WAY to the dealership to trade it in and some guy ran into me! If that's not murphy's law, I don't know what is.

Surprisingly, I've gotten to know the guys at the dealership pretty well over the years, so they still took it in on trade without any penalties and still the same trade price they gave me to begin with as the bike didn't have any noticeable damage that couldn't be easily fixed. Frame slider did it's job as to not scratch the fairing. Whew! All the other parts that got messed up or extremely bent are just getting replaced using the insurance of the evil man who hit me.
So how did the day end? Got myself a 2011 GSXR white. Just waiting for it to be lowered, so should have it by this weekend.

Now, lets here your murphy's law stories.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Well DAMN! Very sorry to hear that, hope your leg is doing better. Yeah, seems someone didnt want you trading in that bike! Glad you did get what you wanted though. Thats crazy...

CrazyCawi

Congrats young lady! Can I ask what drew you the the GSXR?

Heineken

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DakinechicK

Sorry for your mishap, but really, you choose the gixxer over the 848? Disappointed.
Trust me, I really wanted the 848 and have for quite some time. BUT, after learning about the upkeep and the prices on maintenance and actually riding one, it just wasn't the bike for me. The gixxer has secretly been the bike I've loved for so long too. :eek:

I'm no squid, though, so don't put me in the gsxr squid category!

kevin8198

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

iSpoolin

Tell you get a new bike with no pics? thats not fair haha

Gunn4r

The dealer sounds like they were really cool about it. Thats pretty refreshing. A lot of the dealers I've talked to or worked with in the past have pretty much been totally douchey. Glad it all worked out in the end!

Oh and....
:needpics:

DakinechicK

Please note, I did not ride it dressed like this... it's still at the dealership getting lowered. Thank you.

CrazyCawi

The bike looks monster next to you! Very nice, I like!

DakinechicK

The bike looks monster next to you! Very nice, I like!
All bikes do unfortunately LoL!
If you can believe it, though, it is 40 pounds lighter than the FZ6r, shorter in length to the FZ, and just all around smaller in comparison. Thanks for the compliment though, I'm excited.

Chucker

Please note, I did not ride it dressed like this... it's still at the dealership getting lowered. Thank you.
Where's this bike you're talking about? ;)

iSpoolin

Looks good!

Detrich

so sorry to hear about the mishap, dakine... =( but, glad to hear that you are ok and not seriously hurt and still got the GSXR u wanted =)

a similar thing happened to me too the first month i got the fz6r, but in my case it was a middle-aged, yuppie woman in a luxury sports sedan on a completely quiet, residential neighborhood... so, negligent driving happens across the cultural spectrum...

stay safe, and take some more pix of the GSXR when u get it home :)