Motorcycle Pictures... Post All Your Pics Here

buzzbomb

Elite Member

bmw675

Here's a couple from my first track day. Body positioning is far from ideal, but I'm pleased for being the first time actually getting some lean on. I believe I've already corrected my foot placement, that toe is really hanging out there.

Hopefully my next set from last weekend will show some improvement.

JonKerr

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Detrich

Gosh. Wish there were photographers near where I live so I could learn or figure out what I'm doing wrong or why I'm improving so slowly. Maybe I just suck. Hahaha x_X

bmw675

Thanks for the kind words.
One other thing I noticed from other pictures is that I need to get my gopro suction mount off my tank, its restricting me from getting tucked on the straights. I actually hit my head a few times on the straights.

Jon-

This was with STT, which does split you up into advanced, intermediate, and novice, and then novice is split into like 5 groups of 5 throughout the morning to teach you certain skills. The CR's are very knowledgeable and really enjoy helping.

It actually felt this last weekend that I may have been getting my butt to far off. Felt like I was sitting on my thigh. I need to concentrate more on my arms and shoulders to get my chest on the tank and inside should behind my ear.

buzz-

One thing they teach is to get off the bike more than what you need, that way when you do get faster or the bike slips, you are already comfortable getting off the bike. I was also trying to find the ground with my knee. :D I actually did drag my knee a few times this last weekend.

If you let your foot pointed off the peg to much, you're just asking to drag it on the ground, and that could throw you off.

Detrich

This is the first time I've seen photos of myself actually riding. I think they are extremely helpful, but you pay a good penny for them too.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

DakinechicK

Hott.

I would say thats all, but I do notice your elbows way out... tuck those suckers in! Good job though on your first track day. Looks like you had a blast!! Hope you learned lots.

Great pics!!

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

That's what I mean. I haven't heard the reason behind pointing your toe out and down like your doing. Keeping in mind I fight to keep my inside knee in, since I've no pucks. When the knee does drop, what's the benefit of pointing your toes out and down? Also, you've only your heel on the peg, and it's pointed in towards the side of the bike. The rest of your foot is at such an extreme, downward angle, it seems as though you're trying to touch toe to pavement.
you might be seeing the picture wrong, not sure, but my heels aren't on the pegs. Actually the ball of my big toe is. I have my heal pulled tight against the healguards/swingarm.

Like jon said, getting your knee out causes your hip too rotate, and you foot will want to point in the same direction.

They teach to get the ball of your foot on the peg, middle on the edge of it. You can actually see holes on the bottom of the instructors boots on the ball of their foot near their middle toe where they are digging into the edge of the peg.

Chucker

You can see the space between the inside of my foot and the peg.
Jon, did you bend up the little lever on your sidestand or does it touch down? I've been taking my stand off at the track because it touches at the same time my toe slider touches. It doesn't look like your stand would touch when your toes do.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Chucker

My suspension is upgraded to Race Tech and Eibach and the setup is good. I did give it another notch of preload after my first track session with my new tires (when my stand touched down a few times). It's just that I found that if my left toe slider touched, so did the stand. It's not a big deal to pop the stand off for track days, so that's what I've been doing.

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

These are from last weekend at Putnam Park in Indiana. I wish I would have had my previous pictures back before this trackday, so I could see what I need to improve on.

This first one looks like I'm tucked more than I was earlier in the month.

My inside foot looks better that it did previously, but can always use some more work. Over the winter, I'm going to get some rearsets that will make it more comfortable getting it in the right position.

Note: I did buy all my pics for the weekend (80 or so), I just haven't received them yet. These were taken off their website.