Motorcycle Camping

latony007

LOL, yeah you are a comfort camper. much worse off than I am. lol.

Those little honda generators work great for powering smaller stuff and even some bigger stuff and they are crazy quiet.... I got one of them a few years back and damn I like them. I can run that thing for hours on next to no gas.
yeah im dont with roughing it, did it when i was younger, ever since i got access to a motorhome now roughing it is too rough lol.

like what kind of model generator and how much do they run? i use a black and decker power box that will let you plug in any 110 device for a short time, except like a fridge or something. But its basically just a car battery you recharge.

BoneJj

yeah im dont with roughing it, did it when i was younger, ever since i got access to a motorhome now roughing it is too rough lol.

like what kind of model generator and how much do they run? i use a black and decker power box that will let you plug in any 110 device for a short time, except like a fridge or something. But its basically just a car battery you recharge.
The one I have is about 2000W and can run most small fridges and even microwaves, it is a beast. It weighs like 45 pounds and I can run the thing all night long on only about 1.5 gallons.

It wasn't cheap though, cost me over a grand to get it but it runs like a beast and is crazy quiet for what it is.

EDIT:
2000 is the max wattage but it normally runs as high as 1600 W and it does a pretty damn good job. I had gotten the higher wattage as I wanted to be able to run a higher wattage device from time to time. It works pretty good for being able to run various things at different times when I'm out somewhere and has come in handy at the house to keep the fridge going when the power goes out after major storms and such. I can at least keep my fridge from going down and loosing all the food in it.

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

I bought the black and decker in the meantime. just like you said plus it doubles and a air comp for tires and jumper cables to start anything that needs reviving lol
For $100 bucks that thing is sooo worth it.

BoneJj

I bought the black and decker in the meantime. just like you said plus it doubles and a air comp for tires and jumper cables to start anything that needs reviving lol
I've got one of those but I took mine apart and replaced the battery with a higher capacity one for use when I can't borrow my parents camper trailer.

I can power a fan all night with that thing and then recharge it from a 4 wheeler while I'm out goofing off for the day. It works pretty good, but the generator works awesome for when I want to put power to something all night. We've used the strings of lights to put around camp sites before when we were doing parties. The ones that are basically extension cords but every 6-8 feet they have a full size light bulb socket. you can really light up a place with those things. Also to power the trailer for everything inside including the AC and all that mess. I modded the generator gas tank with a simple float system to refill the tank from my larger 5 gallon tank so that I don't even have to check on it all night and into the morning. That way it doesn't run out of gas.