MotoGP today (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

Fizzer6R

anyone see the Spies crash? - they're saying it was a swingarm failure :eek:

Fizzer6R

Hayden out of Indy GP, bum hand after wreck :(

Detrich

Yah read about that. Watched the qualifying race earlier. Both Stoner and Hayden's crashes were brutal. Spies lucked out. What is it with turn 3 that's taking out riders left and right? I suspect we will see more carnage tomorrow. :(

Fizzer6R

didn't see the turn, this whole track is pretty much flat right? also no photos yet but heard rear tire came off the rim in a crash :eek:

Detrich

Track temps were something like 115•. (slippery). I think turn 3 is easier than the corkscrew at Laguna. Their rear wheels were spinning out & losing grip coming out of the first turn of the two.

CrazyCawi

Track temps were something like 115•. (slippery). I think turn 3 is easier than the corkscrew at Laguna. Their rear wheels were spinning out & losing grip coming out of the first turn of the two.
indianapolis is notorious for unsafe track conditions. the turns may be great but their is little to no grip in the infield. Thus why the last 3 years have been hell for indianapolis to keep the races going for motoGP and are unwilling to treat the track. I see this as being the last year there unfortunately. These crashes happened during the qual's.....just imagine the race tomorrow.

ajskillz13

indianapolis is notorious for unsafe track conditions. the turns may be great but their is little to no grip in the infield. Thus why the last 3 years have been hell for indianapolis to keep the races going for motoGP and are unwilling to treat the track. I see this as being the last year there unfortunately. These crashes happened during the qual's.....just imagine the race tomorrow.
They put a new surface down before last year... still a bad deal though.

CrazyCawi

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

ben out w/blown motor. seriously thinking someone is trying to kill him, sabotage from a crew member :confused:

ajskillz13

ben out w/blown motor. seriously thinking someone is trying to kill him, sabotage from a crew member :confused:
That was wild! Happened right in front of us. His quote in an interview was "Someone owes me some money" He really felt he was strong enough for podium. I'd agree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Fizzer6R

how can someone from that crew not get fired, they've had way too many problems this season. maybe since ben already gave notice, they aren't trying and don't care. makes the factory team look very bad, might expect mishaps over & over from CRT, not them

ajskillz13

how can someone from that crew not get fired, they've had way too many problems this season. maybe since ben already gave notice, they aren't trying and don't care. makes the factory team look very bad, might expect mishaps over & over from CRT, not them
Yea... blown motor, swing arm failure. Stuff that doesn't just happen. Very weird.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Detrich

Yah, very weird. :(

Detrich

Saw that today... Oh well.

Dovi signed a 2-year with Ducati too. Guess it's a good business move, considering he needs to get a paycheck and earn a living... lol But, it's like joining a team you pretty much know has zero chance at winning. x_X

2013 top three will likely be Lorenzo, Pedrosa, and Rossi- not necessarily in that order of course. Slots 4 & 5 most likely will go to a Tech 3 or Honda rider, short of any surprises.

I just don't see a Ducati making the top five given how difficult that bike is.

Stoner only did it one season and it was really only because it was a perfect match up of his lightning speed & their engine advantage around that time- which is no longer the case, as Honda & Yamaha have closed that gap....

The best rider of our generation had 2 years & couldn't tame it either. So until they change how they do things over there, Ducati is really just there to maintain a company presence in MotoGP and won't be competitive.

If anything, the CRT's might see some noticeable improvements in the 2013 to 2014 season after they've had some time to improve their machines. The gap between the CRT's and Ducati was not that big this year either. LOL.

x_X

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

JonKerr

Elite Member

Rookasaki

MotoGP is in a world of hurt. The move to bring the CRT bikes to the series was a mistake. They are slow and get in the way of the factory rides. You basically have two Championships with in one series. It's hard to watch anymore to be honest. MotoGP should be 100% prototypes period. Bringing CRT bikes to the mix just to add racers was stupid. I'm starting to like WSBK more and more....