Marthy's new ride

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

BKP

Congratulations, dude...

I'm seriously envious... beautiful bike...

BKP

Marthy, a couple of questions... (because now you've got me thinking about an upgrade):

1- Does the additional .7 inches or so in seat height make a difference?
2- Cycle ergo shows a seriously more upright riding position... true? (6 degrees forward bend vs 17 on the 6R)
3- Less/more nimble in turns? I'm assuming more nimble with the lighter weight, and confidence of the additional torque, even if it's easier to spin the rear wheel
4- Vibration free? I'm used to that nice smooth 6R feeling. Does the triple compare?

Anywhere you can make comparisons...

(and, thanks, dude.. you're probably going to cost me a few thousand now, out of envy...)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ksanbon

Congrats Marthy - I'm so happy for you!

3 questions...
1. what throttle response setting are you riding in - A, B or normal?
2. have you noticed any of the fueling issues noted in any of the early reviews?
3. what's the top speed in 1st gear?

Thanks for sharing!

keith

speedbump

I can't imagine what it would sound like with the Viper or Danmoto exhaust on! Probally sick & loud! Get to modding Martin $$

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Fizzer6R

Marty another (lucky) guy on yamahafz1oa got one, maybe he's a member of the fz-09 forum also... he "initially I was going to instal r1 forks but when talking to Traxxion Dynamics they advised that instaling their rebound damping cartridge in the right fork and one of their compression damping cartridges and a new for cap in the left fork. Penske is going to build a new fully adjustable shock using the stock shock as a pattern.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ksanbon

I also need a 20lbs ballast to bolt of the front end. No way to keep that front wheel on the ground in first gear... and if you power shift it goes up in second also, that's even if I lean on the gas tank!

I could help solve the problem by trading motors with you! :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BKP

I'm reading that throttle control is a little herky-jerky especially in the lower gears. Everything is relative in those reviews, but what do you think, compared to the 6r?
Also, apparently everyone says the front wheel doesn't stay on the ground in 1st, even 2nd gear... They say it's a wheelie machine, but very controllable in B mode... True?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member