Lwclancers - Projector Retrofit

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

lwclancers

Yea, Im just horribly busy...going up and back, even though its just one hour away, over the course of a few weekends would be really hard. So, mail it is :)

It'll be fun learning a little more about my bike and getting some satisfaction of doing it myself. Im sure ill screw something up, but, Im sure I can figure it out. I wired a catseye tailight on my old Shadow myself...Im sure I can figure this out. Seems the "hardest" part will be splicing the angel eyes, so hopefully no problems.

PS...as of 1:39 PM now I havent started the break down...probably around 4pm...so hopefully so pics tonight!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

lwclancers

Sigh, I'm delayed...was trying to hang a shelf and drilled a hole through pvc pipe to my washing machine. Stupid stud finder thought it was a stud. Hardest part will be getting enough play in the 2" pvc to get the couplings on.. its all in tight space. Gotta fix this first. Sigh. Ill be up all night to get the light out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Blame this mofo for my delays, sigh. If I dont get the light off tonight, Ill get it off tomorrow, and hopefully in the mail before they close. If not, itll be shipped first thing Monday morning!

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

lwclancers

Im trying to decide if 2 couplings and pipe will have enough play to fit in there. I dont think I can use a compression fitting though (its from the washing machine).

I might have to go get 4 90 degree elbows. Im not sure. I can fix this, but, I can really jack it up too. Sigh

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Im hoping what Im about to do will work. There is NO play with this pipe, so, Im going to use 2 standard couplers...but on one coupler I will use my dremel to grind down the inner lip/seat inside the top coupler...this will allow me to slide the coupler down, then back up while the cement hardens.

The bottom will be a normal coupler.

Got the idea here:
HOW TO FIX A LEAKING CPVC PIPE

Since this is the outgoing water from the washer, it should be very low pressure...im hoping this works ;)

lwclancers

Or ill just go back to the store and get a slip fix connector. God, I hate crap like this.

lwclancers

Im also superstitious and wondering if I should not touch my bike today, do some hail marys, and do it tomorrow...Im bound to screw it up if I touch it tonight haha. Ugh :surrender:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Fixed. No leaks. My day may continue...6 hours behind schedule. I'm waking up and doing my bike tmw. Sorry for the teaser today...and epic fail job haha.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

In the morning, she awaits...

Attachments