Listen to music while riding? Then get these headphones!

RACreative

I just got these in the mail today. I absolutely dislike them.. Maybe it's because my helmet is too small.. I put these in the helmet and it just feels like a giant circular disk is squeezing against my head....

How are you guys installing headphones in your helmets??
on page one I had some pics... mine are cushy so the feel similar to the helmet against my ears...

iSpoolin

I just got these in the mail today. I absolutely dislike them.. Maybe it's because my helmet is too small.. I put these in the helmet and it just feels like a giant circular disk is squeezing against my head....

How are you guys installing headphones in your helmets??
I'll get some pics this evening for ya man

jakeaz

The more expensive of headphone the more comfortable they are i can barely tell i have my bose in when i drive

pyro7478

I use a Blinc M2 bluetooth device to listen to music while riding. it can also be used to make/receive phone calls (which i don't use) it does let you know if you get a text by pausing the music for a second and playing a tone, which is nice so you can check it when you stop. They also have a M1 available, the only difference is the M2 has a FM tuner as well.

UselessPickles

I've been using these for a couple years now:

Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•6i Isolator Earphones

They block out quite a bit of wind noise. Much better than helmet speakers or normal ear buds. You get great quality sound at a low volume because it blocks the wind noise rather than requiring you to turn up the volume to overpower the wind noise. These particular ear buds have a very small body, so they fit comfortably in a helmet.

It feels great when you take them out after 8-10 hours on the road and you can hear perfectly clearly with no residual humming, ringing or discomfort.

FYI: These have claimed 35-42dB noise isolation

Last edited:
The skull candy ear buds (not the ones in this thread), work fine, but my helmet liner pushes them hard into my ears. Thus, making my inner ear hurt after a while.

Anyone else have this problem?

dcBear78

I have Brainwavz m2 canal phones. I use the foam tips rather than the rubber ones. The foam works like earplugs so I get the best of both worlds. Perfect comfort while wearing my helmet as they insert into the ear rather than buds that sit on the ear.

Bloke

The skull candy ear buds (not the ones in this thread), work fine, but my helmet liner pushes them hard into my ears. Thus, making my inner ear hurt after a while.

Anyone else have this problem?
Yup, I tend to use my phone headset as the remote allows me to pause the music if I'm coming into a town or need to concentrate more.

Been looking at picking up a parrot sk4000 kit recently though as it's dirt cheap and should work with my kit.

Edit: correction, just bought an sk4000 :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I want to try putting speakers back in my helmet. I purchased a new helmet and now I realized how much ear room I do have!

Can anyone tell me how loud these get? I have earplugs that take 25DB off and wanted to make sure I could hear something!

Thanks

poWKaw

I've only just recently started listening to music while riding, the headphones I've used are murder as they get knocked out as I slide my helmet on. So going to go buy Sennheiser Adidas OMX680 tomorrow to see what they're like (Buying due to anti-sweat as summer is coming up and it's about 90-100F so I would be lying if I didn't think I was going to sweat my ass off!

OMX 680

Edit: obviously I will comment on this after trying them out and let you all know how it goes. <3

poWKaw

Just an update, I bought them today. Went for a two hour long ride, exceptionally comfortable, good sound quality, didn't move out of place when sliding my helmet on but one came out taking my helmet off. Set me back $89.95 AUD w/ 3 year warranty. Comes with an extension cable (has a volume adjuster on it) which adds about 600mm of length, foam slip on, plastic slip on, ear plug slip on, and a durable velcro lock carry pouch.

The problem I have with earbuds like those are, they don't cancel outside noise. I'm concerned with the wind damaging my ears.

Chaphil3

Detrich

I tried Apple ipod sound isolation ear buds, and they isolate some noises but amplify others- being that they plug inside your ears to create an air suction seal. The end result is that unless u crank up the volume, u still hear a lotta wind. I have friends who've been unlucky & ticketed for listening to music while riding. So I don't usually do this. =\

I bought the Shoei Quest. Best helmet so far for me!

I'm hoping I can find some decent speakers to permanently mount in the liner.

poWKaw

also on the topic of trying to cancel out wind, I barely even get wind going through my helmet even at 80mph. I think you all need a tighter fitting helmet? or something along those lines. Either that or I'm already half deaf and don't notice wind lol

Detrich

all my helmets are glued on. The wind noise has nothing to do with the tightness, but the design. Even my GP Tech is loud- prolly the loudest actually.

I was reading on this form that no matter how well your helmet cancels outside noise, it's very important to wear earplugs anyway to protect against hearing loss.

That being said, I'm still looking for a good speaker I can fit into the ear cuts.

Bloke

My parrot sk4000 does alright, granted it's not high quality sound but it works well enough :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk