How much do you pay for Insurance?

Detrich

the reason State Farm is cheaper is b'cuz they don't distinguish between Sport Touring and Super Sport. So to them, a 600cc FZ6R is no different & the same price to insure as say, a 600cc R6... They just go by engine size... Catch is, they won't renew your policy if you have more than 2 at fault claims within a 3 year period. (But, most carriers are like that.)

All State has weirdo quotes and they're generally all over the map. Some ppl get good quotes, but I too got totally bizarre expensive quotes from them.

I compared SF and AAA, and both were really close. Went with AAA only because they were just slightly cheaper and also cuz the rep I talked to was so on the ball with answering all my questions and giving me different quote options. But, AAA is also a co that will drop you pretty fast if you file more than 2 claims within 3 years.

Geico is cheap, but they are notorious for refusing to pay claims, which is very very bad. It means they'll leave you hanging and vulnerable to law suits if the other party involved doesn't get a fair settlement. I wouldn't recommend Geico after some of the weird things my friends have gone ur with them...

danieljardim

the reason State Farm is cheaper is b'cuz they don't distinguish between Sport Touring and Super Sport. So to them, a 600cc FZ6R is no different & the same price to insure as say, a 600cc R6... They just go by engine size... Catch is, they won't renew your policy if you have more than 2 at fault claims within a 3 year period. (But, most carriers are like that.)

All State has weirdo quotes and they're generally all over the map. Some ppl get good quotes, but I too got totally bizarre expensive quotes from them.

I compared SF and AAA, and both were really close. Went with AAA only because they were just slightly cheaper and also cuz the rep I talked to was so on the ball with answering all my questions and giving me different quote options. But, AAA is also a co that will drop you pretty fast if you file more than 2 claims within 3 years.

Geico is cheap, but they are notorious for refusing to pay claims, which is very very bad. It means they'll leave you hanging and vulnerable to law suits if the other party involved doesn't get a fair settlement. I wouldn't recommend Geico after some of the weird things my friends have gone ur with them...
I have insurance through riders insurance. $300.00 a year, fire/theft/collision with a $500.00 deductible.

Fenixgoon

after turning 25, statefarm dropped my premium (same coverage) by $700!!!

i now pay like..$475/year instead of $1175/year. it's crazy.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Detrich

www.ridewithmcgraw.com (aka Pacific Specialty Insurance) is the cheapest insurance I've gotten- regardless of coverage type. They will both quote & insure you right over the internet. Their offices are right here in Anaheim, CA, and they offer nation-wide coverage. However, they won't insure Super Sport bikes for riders of 3 years or less M1 status, which is why I couldn't insure my R6 with them and had to switch to AAA.... Now that I've sold the FZ6R and lost my multi-bike discount, am paying about $675 per year for 100k/300k/250k liab plus uninsured motorist 100k/300k with full comp & collision with a 500 deductible... Kinda pricey, but it's for the peace of mind I suppose...

Chevyfazer

I am 24 and no joke I've lost my license more in one year then most people get tickets in a year!!!! I stopped counting the number of tickets I have got last year after my 35th ticket, point being driving records don't get much worse then mine and I only pay $174 a year for liability and theft on a 04 fz6.

daddyrack

Premium Member

wby0001

i'm with progressive at $390/year for...
  • 100/300/100 liability
  • 25/50 uninsured motorist
  • $250 deductible for comprehensive.

I'm 22 with a couple speeding tickets, but progressive gives you a discount if you have taken a safety course like the MSF one.

Last edited:

Chevyfazer

$200/year. And I'm under 25.

Anybody beat that?
I can $170 a year under 25 with one of the worst driving records there is lol. I've ran from the cops twice(not on the bike), 5 reckless driving tickets, 4 speeding tickets over 20mph over the limit, 1 laying drag, 1 unsecured load and countless other BS tickets but none on the bike.

Botty12

I can $170 a year under 25 with one of the worst driving records there is lol. I've ran from the cops twice(not on the bike), 5 reckless driving tickets, 4 speeding tickets over 20mph over the limit, 1 laying drag, 1 unsecured load and countless other BS tickets but none on the bike.
Should've said in Canada...lol

Fenixgoon

1200 a year.... FML
are you under 25?

when i turned 25, my insurance (full coverage) dropped from 1150/yr to 435/yr - same coverage, same insurer and agency.

i was happy to say the least :eek:

i pay 435/yr. it'd probably be half that if i took out comprehensive, and even less if i reduced my coverage (250/500/100 for both insured and uninsured motor vehicle coverage)

r0ar

are you under 25?

when i turned 25, my insurance (full coverage) dropped from 1150/yr to 435/yr - same coverage, same insurer and agency.

i was happy to say the least :eek:

i pay 435/yr. it'd probably be half that if i took out comprehensive, and even less if i reduced my coverage (250/500/100 for both insured and uninsured motor vehicle coverage)
Yeah , I have great car rates haha just not for the bike. I sadly carry comp and collison and have state min for Liability ( which i hate )

Z3roFlaw

930 a year for the 6R, full coverage, and that's with 1 speeding ticket on record.

I got a quote after my ticket falls off in January and it would drop down to about 700 a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fz6rwolf

$1044 through Geico with never a wreck or claim (didn't even claim last year when stolen, wrecked and recovered), riding since 1978. Hate Rhode Island.

blkbrd

Elite Member

faisi13

Maddnessss

Im 24 in Canada (toronto)for my 09 Fz6r with one way coverage im paying about $ 2900. I only have 2 tickets on my abstract!
what some people are paying a YEAR im Paying a MONTH!
I think i gotta register my bike in the states! :p

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member