How much do you pay for Insurance?

WenMark

I have two bikes now and I got a quote today for my 09 FZ6R and my 08 Suzuki Burgman from Geico for $712 (w/o Uninsured motorists). Before my Suzuki was $200 so I guess my FZ6R is running me $512 per year. Is that pretty good or should I shop around some more? How about you? I did call Allstate which has my H/O Ins and he said he could get me $683 total for 2 bikes per year. :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bmw675

i just wrote the check for mine.
its 378.87 a year for full coverage. im 23 btw.

adidaskid810

i think insurance is based on CC's and the area you live in. My buddy (20 yrs old) has a 2001 R6 and paid 480 a year. a friend with the same bike in a different state pays 350. :don'tknow:

on a side note, we put my moms name on my bike and it's only 170 a year...my dad pays 140 for his 800cc. but we also have h/o, 3 vehicles, etc. though the same company

Stricken

I pay $1100 Progressive for full coverage :( Im 23 years old living in Houston TX

Verranth

$377 full coverage with State Farm. 26yrs old in VA/DC/MD area. I also have my house insured with them (that probably helps too)

Bigevildoer

I have two bikes now and I got a quote today for my 09 FZ6R and my 08 Suzuki Burgman from Geico for $712 (w/o Uninsured motorists). Before my Suzuki was $200 so I guess my FZ6R is running me $512 per year. Is that pretty good or should I shop around some more? How about you? I did call Allstate which has my H/O Ins and he said he could get me $683 total for 2 bikes per year. :)
I pay $975 Canadian from RidersPlus.com with a clean record - first year with street bike insurance though (rode dirt alot when I was a kid). Should drop to $750 next year. And that's a CHEAP rate too.
The only other quote I got that was similar was from State Farm, but I would have had to move all of my other insurance over to them as well (house, car).
The worst quote I got was $2875 a year, because that company blacklisted the bike as a sportbike, not a sport tourer.

Later!

Kaber3s

In Manitoba our vehicle insurance is all public run so our rates are a bit higher and, unfortunately, un-negotiatable. The FZ6R can cost between $2300 and $3600 Canadian here to insure depending on driving record and coverage. Not to mention that our riding season is only 5 months long thanks to the weather. Gotta love it or leave it up here man because it's too expensive for casual riders.

Tijeras505

Check out Progressive online. You can run any scenario available to see the cost. I used to be with Geico. Progressive was much cheaper. They are also the #1 motorcycle insurer.

Insurance Cost

I have very high coverage with Farmers subsidiary Foremost because of a personal umbrella, but I pay 465/yr with no tickets, no accidents, homeowner insurance as well as a few cars already with Farmers. Online the rates I got were pretty bad, topping $1200/year???with no tickets/accidents??? ok, maybe they've watched me ride :)

demon408

98 a year , not full but i will fix it if i break it

neshi

$1000 not full coverage any more looking at the FC price for me in NYC I could buy a new R6 Ya R6 if i went that route!

zig308

$650/yr full coverage with State Farm. 50/100/50 coverage with $500/$100 deductible.

First bike, so I'm hoping it'll go down a bit after the coverage renews next year.

btastarsky

I pay $308 per year with state farm. I also have my truck insured through them and my family has had state farm insurance for over a decade. I guess in PA they give us much lower rates. First bike with full coverage. I think my profession has something to do with it as well. :D

CharlieR

I pay 400 per year. With 50k/100k/50k and uninsured w/ 250 deductables(collision and comp). As you compare rates be sure you are comparing the same coverages. I know many companies like Statefarm (which I have) do not offer medical on bikes unless required by law(check your ins card to be sure, medical will be on it if you have it). Which means they don't pay your hospital bills unless the accident is chargable to someone else. Not too big a deal if you have health ins. Also if you don't have uninsured on yours then your S.O.L if you are injured by an uninsured driver because health ins won't pay if it is chargable to someone else. Do your research, get what coverage you need and know exactly what you are getting.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member