How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

Detrich

i think ppl should also post the month & year that they bought their bikes- along with the otd price for this thread to be useful... sales incentives and climate change year to year. so, any purchase must be in the context of the time...

just my .02...

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

h_stallings

Got a new 2009 FZ6R (blue), in So Cal., Sat. June 11th, for $6900 otd. We had to go through a few rounds of negotiation. I was tempted to wait for a good used one to come around--but I am very happy that now my boyfriend and I can go on rides together (each on our own bike). Until now, I have been taking his bike out, a black FZ6R that he bought last year, June 2010. :D

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

popeye

$11,990 2010 model (Melbourne, Australia)
WOW thats steep mate which dealer ???

I got quoted $11,450 on the road with a full riding set (jacket pants helmet boots gloves) and that was for a 2011 model in the new colour scheme copper/raven

roadrat

$9100 USD otd for my 2011 raven FZ6r - included 10% retail sales tax, assembly, all DMV fees and $150 delivery fee which was basically bullshit but they wouldn't back down on it... they actually delivered it to me at the gas station across the street... weird but it was a dealership policy they deliver all bikes.

Fizzer6R

$9100 USD otd for my 2011 raven FZ6r - included 10% retail sales tax, assembly, all DMV fees and $150 delivery fee which was basically bullshit but they wouldn't back down on it... they actually delivered it to me at the gas station across the street... weird but it was a dealership policy they deliver all bikes.
weird is right, what's up with that policy involving another location?... seems like a potential law suit waiting to happen, or maybe protect themselves at not being at dealership. seems fishy. did you ask why?

roadrat

The sales manager told me it was for liability reasons - they require delivery so they can document the bike made it off the dealership property and was signed for in good condition. Normally, they deliver to a home address but in my case, I just wanted to gas up the bike and ride it. In reality, I think the policy is so the $150 delivery fee becomes a non-negotiable line item in the sales price.

FZ6Rfan54

Got mine of a guy for $4700 with 3k miles. Its black raven. Havnt even gotten it registered yet. Cant wait to get it on the road. Its mint! Love it!

fritos

Brand new 2009 in black $6500 OTD in Los Angeles county. Free delivery to my driveway. Purchased in March 2011.

cheech

is that retail price over there or?
yep... retail price.... I went to a few Yamaha dealers and it was pretty much the same price.... seeing what people pay overseas, it's such a crazy price! but I still love the bike :)
they wouldn't budge on price AT ALL. .......

WOW thats steep mate which dealer ???

I got quoted $11,450 on the road with a full riding set (jacket pants helmet boots gloves) and that was for a 2011 model in the new colour scheme copper/raven
Yamaha City in Melbourne... I did get 10% their gear but they don't really stock a lot of items for girls......

where did you get your bike from?

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryAnt

I paid $5895 + TTF (about $6800 total including lowering kit, kickstand, and labor). I've seen people get it cheaper, but it was only one of two blue one's in the tri-state area, as I didn't want a black / copper one.