High-tech helmet w/ GPS, heads-up display, audio, rear view, etc.

latony007

im just hoping by the time I get another bike near end of year they are cheaper! like 50% cheaper
i doubt that since they are taking money now but not goign to release the helmet until may of next year. That means they would have had to lower the price before it even releases which would obviously piss off the people that pre ordered. And to be realistic i doubt they will be ready by may. they have been behind on all their other target dates so i dont see why that would be any different. I say it will be about 1 year from now before any start shipping. Dissapointed but oh well at least i still have music and navigation on my Bluetooth helmet.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

latony007

In a year or two chinese knock offs will be out there...
exactly, at about 1/20 the price. Plus your regular helmet makers will start putting them out there, of course the shoei might be as high priced :)

Bert-Aus

IDK that 'google glass' looking thing sitting in front of your face

that looks like it would be the first thing to break off and get me in the eye
plus I agree with Runragged2 "Just remember we critisise drivers for distraction driving. Best to concentrate on the riding"

Also I find a headcheck is a great way to get other drivers attention and indicate your own intentions

I think they should mount a projector in the chin bar of the helmet & reflect off the visor to achieve a totally unobstructed view

but either way an interesting move in tech

pavmentsurfer

Well thats disappointing. I was on the pre-order list and figured I could swing maybe $800-1000 but I can't do $1500 after taxes and shipping. Heck, I bought my Suzuki bandit 650 for $1500... seriously. The whole bike. And it hasn't been dropped. LOL

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

IDK that 'google glass' looking thing sitting in front of your face

that looks like it would be the first thing to break off and get me in the eye
plus I agree with Runragged2 "Just remember we critisise drivers for distraction driving. Best to concentrate on the riding"

Also I find a headcheck is a great way to get other drivers attention and indicate your own intentions

I think they should mount a projector in the chin bar of the helmet & reflect off the visor to achieve a totally unobstructed view

but either way an interesting move in tech
i dont agree this will distract you, its meant to be safer not more dangerous. tell me no one has ever looked over their should, turned back to face forward and found the car in front of you much closer than you anticipated. If you can just check your blindspots in the HUD that has to be better than turning and taking your eyes off the road. It would also be nice at stop lights so you could check to make sure the approaching car was not gonig to run up your a hole.

I did have the same thought about that piece of plastic scewering my eye and brain in a crash but have no evidence for that, i am hoping they took it into account when testing it. Be nicer if it was true hud on the visor like an F22 :)

Well thats disappointing. I was on the pre-order list and figured I could swing maybe $800-1000 but I can't do $1500 after taxes and shipping. Heck, I bought my Suzuki bandit 650 for $1500... seriously. The whole bike. And it hasn't been dropped. LOL
No kidding, even my bike i bought brand new for 6300, So its a brand new sport bike or 4 helmets, cost is the same. My cruiser which is perfect shape with 3500 miles on it cost me a little over 2 helmets lol. How many helmets did your bike cost you? LMAO

jammer

No kidding, even my bike i bought brand new for 6300, So its a brand new sport bike or 4 helmets, cost is the same. My cruiser which is perfect shape with 3500 miles on it cost me a little over 2 helmets lol. How many helmets did your bike cost you? LMAO[/QUOTE]

:D
4 helmets and change (probably a new liner for the Skully)

pavmentsurfer

My FZ6R only cost me 3 skully's. Lol

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

this cracks me up, Keep it going.
Ok my brand new car with all leather, navigation sunroof, heated and cooling seats blind spot detectors everything cost me only 19 skullys and thats including the car tax!!!!!

Did anyone here order one?

Last edited:

danieljardim

this cracks me up, Keep it going.
Ok my brand new car with all leather, navigation sunroof, heated and cooling seats blind spot detectors everything cost me only 19 skullys and thats including the car tax!!!!!

Did anyone here order one?
Mine cost me almost 10 skullys :(

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Pre order open now
$1399.00

very expensive but i thought was gonna be a lot more. Start saving to buy one.
So us Ozstrayans will most likely be asked to cough up $2k for that when it is released here!

Which in my book works as
SV1000S Suzi2 cost me 3 Skully's
R6 Rocket Ricer cost me 1 Skully and a Skully sticker!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

My fz6r cost about 4, trophy about 13 and my new 2014 gixxer cost none :)
lol, can we rent bikes from you if we come to MN? im going to fill out a million tickets at the show this year. i hope your ineligible this time Mr. Lucky :)

can some moderator start a new thread called "how many skullys" and copy over all the reponses in this thread Lol