GoPro Hero 3

I'm not understanding the big deal of the WiFi remote. The silver can be accessed via WiFi with an iPhone or Android device app can't it? And who among us doesn't have one or the other? Am I missing something? Plus, with the app can't you use your phone as a viewing screen?

Good thought! Yes, there is an app but as far as I know it is Apple device only. Android has yet to see it. Hopefully they get it coming soon. I think that would be a great way to go.

I'm not understanding the big deal of the WiFi remote. The silver can be accessed via WiFi with an iPhone or Android device app can't it? And who among us doesn't have one or the other? Am I missing something? Plus, with the app can't you use your phone as a viewing screen?

Yeah, but you have to think of it in terms of being on your bike.
I listen to tunes, take calls, etc., through my phone while riding... hands free (using the Sena). But, having to navigate an app on your phone, while you're riding, as opposed to just dedicated buttons on the WiFi remote, can have some dire consequences...

I dont know if this is a good place to do it but if anyone is going to get the pro hero3 and wants to sell a 2 working will the mounts let me know :D

I can use my Nexus 7 as the remote/viewscreen leaving my phone free to stream the tunes to my Sena. And with the larger screen the buttons should be as easy to use as a tiny remote, if not easier.

I'd have to think about that... mounting my Nexus 7 to the bike. I agree it would work, but you'd start looking like a Gold Wing...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Hardly. More like James Bond:

20120724_163101-1.jpg

:D

Nah, you'd have to be riding this, like Daniel Craig in Skyfall, to be James Bond (a Honda, no less -- not even a Triumph) :

au031-honda-crf250r.jpg

And, BTW, your bike looks great...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Back