Gear indicator ABS bike

Jackstuch

hello this is my first post and I have been pulling my hair out to night trying to get my gear indicator working on my xj6 abs as it seems the wire colours are different between abs and non abs I have the indicator powered up and I need to find the rpm and the speed sensor wires on a 2009 abs xj6 if anyone could help it would me much appreciated

Jack

Jackstuch

Resolved

Hello

My gear indicator is a PZRacing GT300 indicator my bike is a XJ6 Guide as follows for anyone who needs it:

1) Find the ECU connector under the battery - see photo.

2) Splice the Red GPX wire to any +12V switched power lead, e.g. to the Red/White wire at the ECU connector.

3) Splice the Black GPX wire to chassis ground, or the negative battery terminal.

4) Splice the White GPX wire to the White/Yellow (speed signal) wire at the ECU connector.

5) Splice the Green GPX wire to the Gray (crankshaft sensor signal) wire at the ECU connector.

6) Then configure with bike as this instructions using the white cable

Hope this helps people

Jack

Attachments

latony007

does the XJS come with an ABS option? our FZ6Rs do not unless they added it for 15. I wish it had a gear indicator on it too.

Brent27

does the XJS come with an ABS option? our FZ6Rs do not unless they added it for 15. I wish it had a gear indicator on it too.
ABS has been offered on xj6s for some time in Europe. I read/watched a lot of xj6 diversion reviews when I was deciding on FZ6R. I figured those reviews worked just as good generally as a US FZ6R review.

Another thing I ran across was the xj6 diversion has a higher horsepower rating than the FZ6R in the reviews I read. I was never able to find out if they really did have more hp or the difference was due to the EU and US using different equations to calculate hp. I know they calculate fuel economy differently.

I think one of the big reasons why more bikes are offered with ABS in Europe is that in the next few years manufacturers will be required to have ABS on all bikes over a certain engine size (I think 125cc +) and they're trying to get ahead of the game. That, and for some reason I've picked up that the a large part of the American motorcycling community thinks ABS is evil somehow.