Need Help Bike goes in gear but will not move

yiyo92

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my 2015 FZ6R to move. Here is a breakdown of what is happening and has happened:

-When I turn the bike on and put it in 1st gear, I can release the clutch and the bike will not turn off and it also won't move. Almost as if stuck on neutral.

-I get all the right feedback from the bike, as in I hear and feel it go into 1st as well as the other gears, but it just doesn't move when I hit the throttle.

-If I put it on the stand the rear tire will spin but is nothing significant like it can easily be stopped by putting your hand on the tire.

-I just did an oil change, front/rear sprocket and chain swap. I also replaced the clutch/friction plates.

-After all that and starting the bike I still have the same issue. front sprocket is nice and snug to spec too. Not sure if this has been addressed before but I couldn't dig anything up. Any help would be really appreciated.

Just_Jim

Sounds like the clutch needs to be adjusted. Did you replace the clutch springs when you did the clutch replacement? If not, the springs could be worn out.

yiyo92

Sounds like the clutch needs to be adjusted. Did you replace the clutch springs when you did the clutch replacement? If not, the springs could be worn out.
Yes, clutch spring are also new. I just figured to replace them as well. I was riding a little hard when bike lost the power output so I thought I just blew the clutch.

Half-Click Up

Your pressure plate may not be moving far enough for proper engagement, meaning pushrod 2 may require adjustment.

Refer to steps 12 and 13 on pages 5-55 and 5-56 in the service manual. Be sure the marks on the push lever and push lever case are lined up when the clutch lever is at rest, and that they become misaligned when you pull the clutch lever in. Immediately upon feeling resistance in the clutch lever is when those marks should become misaligned... there should be no play there.

Step 13 details how to manipulate the adjustment nut on pushrod 2 if your push lever marks are not aligned.
The good news is that if this is indeed your issue, you simply need to remove the clutch cover; the pressure plate does not need to come off to access pushrod 2. Just loosen the lock nut on pushrod 2 and adjust as necessary for mark alignment, then retighten the locknut.

yiyo92

Your pressure plate may not be moving far enough for proper engagement, meaning pushrod 2 may require adjustment.

Refer to steps 12 and 13 on pages 5-55 and 5-56 in the service manual. Be sure the marks on the push lever and push lever case are lined up when the clutch lever is at rest, and that they become misaligned when you pull the clutch lever in. Immediately upon feeling resistance in the clutch lever is when those marks should become misaligned... there should be no play there.

Step 13 details how to manipulate the adjustment nut on pushrod 2 if your push lever marks are not aligned.
The good news is that if this is indeed your issue, you simply need to remove the clutch cover; the pressure plate does not need to come off to access pushrod 2. Just loosen the lock nut on pushrod 2 and adjust as necessary for mark alignment, then retighten the locknut.
Thank you, we solved this one together, just forgot to update the thread. You helped me through your channel -Harold T.