Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Need to weigh the stock parts AND the aftermarket that you are replacing them with and then subtract the two for your weight "loss".

Good idea. I think you are a big "generous" on a lot of your weights though ;)

Invader Jim

Tonight I will go in and weight a lot of the gear removed from my bike and put some new statistics up!!!:D
Does it make a difference in performance? I know weight is certainly a factor but wind resistance becomes a larger and larger factor the faster you are going. The amount of force (resistance) increases exponentially.

Look at this calculator for the amount of force on a sail at various wind velocities. Wind Load Calculator

4'x4' sail (16 square feet), 50 knot wind Load is 172.4 Pounds. 100 knot wind Load is 689.6 Pounds. Now it is talking about sails and not motorcycles but the exponential increase in force is the same.

TokenSSDD

Whoever has done rear sets should add that too. I imagine that is a good amount of weight saved as well.

Spunky99

Good start but lets be more realistic.

Stock Wet Weight = 467Lbs
X#1 -5 - 8lbs TBR C/F Exhaust
X#3 -2 -3bs Fender Eliminator + Intergraded tail light
X#4 -2 -3lbs Replace the Stock battery
X#5 -.5 - 1lbs Replace stock handlebars with some Apex Clip on Bars
X#6 -.5 - 1lbs The injection pump assembly and hosing + backoff plates
X#7 -.5 - 1lbs Replace the stock bar ends with nylon
X#8 -1 -2lbs Replace stock mirrors with pig spotters or bar ends
X#9 -.25 - .5lbs Gearing down your sprockets
X#11 -1lb Remove your Tool Bag [-Field Fixable]
X#12 -.25lbs Remove Stock Reflectors
X#13 -.5lbs Flush Mount blinkers [-Intention Visibility]

End Wet Weight Max = 453.5Lbs
End Wet Weight Min = 445.75Lbs

Total weight reduction = 13.5 to 21.3LBS

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Spunky99

I’m aware my weights may be a bit high the TBR Exhaust clamed to drop 10-11lbs on the site I was on and I got the carbon fiber one so who knows but ya soo that’s why it was what it was =) regardless to change my ratings simply post pictures of original parts on scales and the modded ones on scales and I will change them np =)

This thread is for proven weights not for everyone to guess what everything weighs :)
Before I totaled my FZ6R I did just about every possible modification to it to gain both more power and less weight. So I pretty much know what "Real World" weight is. For example, toss those little reflectors on a Postal scale....they weigh almost nothing.....TBR and everyone else always seems to exaggerate the benefits of a product they want to sell. I removed naked bike because the FZ6R has some issues that need covering..LOL...
Good job tho..I like the process you are going through.

RooKie

I know for sure that the stock rear fender is 5lbs. Not sure at how much my FE weighs, but I'm guessing around 2 lbs. 3 lbs saved.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

RooKie

Going all out! Good stuff man. Thanks a for all the work you're putting in.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member