FZ6R V-Stacks (im thinking about group buy, How about you???)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

The ECU as been unlock already. It should get available within a month or two. It remove all speed limiter and throttle servo control and all those goodies including fuel and ign map. The days of piggyback controller are coming to an end! I'm trying to work a deal to get mine flash with a tune for my exhaust. That should be sick as F*&^!
Since I posted about the FZ6R, seems it got a interest in the flashing the ECU. :eek:
When you can get into the ECU and can do some tuning in it, it opens up a whole new experience. :D
Air, fuel, spark the 3 major components for a good running engine, playing with fuel only does little to what can truly be done, for example MAPing timing on a dyno yields good power improvements in all areas of the rpm range.

BrockGrimes

So here a few concepts I made in the meantime still have to go home and get accurate dimmensions and tweek it a little bit im sure... I have also got a few qoutes going...
Hey I've seen stacks like that before somewhere and not dealing with motorcycles, etc. I'll have to think on it but it looks like it would work depending on size. Maybe cars, computers, a vaccum.....I'll get back to you.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Sammo115

Sorry to bump such an old thread but did you go anywhere with the new vstack Marthy? Not sure if you did it on the 6R or Z8

Ninja Edit: NVM, I found your other thread Marthy with the airbox mod. HA!

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sammo115

The easy mod is to go with all 4 short stack. You can buy them cheap online.
Hrmm, I shall continue on with more research on why factory decided to stagger the oem vstack. I am assuming its to balance out/generate mid range power and considering the header design is a 4-2-1 to generate low end power.

Any particular site or company that you would recommend for vstacks?

Would anyone know how much cfm our heads flow?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sammo115

Another question in regarding the vstack that you used. Did you end up going with the tapered vstack or a straight stack? because now air velocity is ticking away in my head.

fluid dynamics...interesting stuff.
Chapter 9: Fluid Dynamics

go ninja go ninja go! Edit LOL:
Just wanted to share this link for those that might be searching for more info in the future.
>>Mototune USA<<
Good reads here.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Sammo115

From my understanding of that thread. Nothing was really concluded. Even with the other guys that were doing the air box mod. They also never updated after their own encounters with issues or just getting the stacks on.

It feels nice to know that simple mods aren't so expensive. Unlike my car...stupid car haha.