FZ6R = Gone........ Traded Her In for a ???

Refer to post #11, I can't fit on a ninja lol.. I think the only reason why I could fit on the FZ6R was because of the upright seating position. When I sat on the Ninja's , even the x1000 or whatever it's called, my heels would sit right on the exhaust. Beyond that the ninja x1000 was my runner up before buying the Busa. But as usual, my wife couldn't see past me on the ninja and didn't like the feel which was a big factor in me buying the Busa, she can see right over my shoulder with no problem. My wife, the trooper that she is would ride with me on the FZ6R but didn't really enjoy it because she couldn't see over my elephant body. Now, she is all about going for a ride.

are you talking about the kawi ninja zx10 or the ninja 1000? the 2 bikes are completely different. Though the ninja 1000 and z1000 are similar. The zx10 is completely different (SS bike).

The ninja 1000 pegs are no where near the exhaust and even still the exhaust has massive heat shield over them so you wont have to worry about ever burning yourself on them.

This one is mine:
2012-10-05212519-2.jpg

Yes 6R is amazing bike. During 3 years I owned it I also had few other bikes like FZ6, Ninja ZX6R, Ninja 650R but sold them all. With another like 20hp the 6R would be just priceless...Busa is a completly different breed and I'd still keep the 6R for a "slower days".

Agree, the 6R is not going anywhere. I got 12hp back or so and it is a awesome bike.

I stop by the stealership just for fun. The FZ1 feel good! No 8 on the floor, I think they sold it few days ago accordingly the the sales person. The S10 is quite an amazing bike but I can even tippy toe it, no joke like I need 1" more on each legs just to have both of my toe to touch! The seat seams to be in the upper position but still, if I go that route I need a drop link before I even ride it!
My friend had the same seat height issue with DL650 (V-Strom), but when he dropped a link (or 2?) the bike didn't handle as good. He also had to remove the center stand cus it became useless and too close to the road especially on dirt. In the end he returned the bike to the original position...

How did you managed to bump 12hp? Probably a lot to be involved for a regular DIY guy...

Refer to post #11, I can't fit on a ninja lol.. I think the only reason why I could fit on the FZ6R was because of the upright seating position. When I sat on the Ninja's , even the x1000 or whatever it's called, my heels would sit right on the exhaust. Beyond that the ninja x1000 was my runner up before buying the Busa. But as usual, my wife couldn't see past me on the ninja and didn't like the feel which was a big factor in me buying the Busa, she can see right over my shoulder with no problem. My wife, the trooper that she is would ride with me on the FZ6R but didn't really enjoy it because she couldn't see over my elephant body. Now, she is all about going for a ride.
okay, so this corrected to z1000 I still don't see how you had such a problem. I mean I have size 12 shoes and still have plenty of room from my heal to the exhaust... Anyway. But yeah, I wasn't sure that was you and your girl in that photo as it was posted by someone else. how tall are you???

Sweet ride Bone! Every bike are nice if they fit your needs. I was planning getting a new ride this year until my cage took a $hit... then I had to get a new one over the holidays (12 Fiesta SE) Great little car by the way.

On my list:
FZ8 or FZ1
Super 10
Streetfighter 848
Monster 1100 EVO
Street Triple
Tuono V4 (yellow and black of course)

All those bike have something I like but don't have my mind set yet. Since I'm a little kid I always wanted to own a Ducati, the only thing holding me back is the maintenance. I can do it but I rather ride than wrench! The FZ8 is nice but like the 6R... is a little budget in my opinion. The FZ1 even if the bike is about 5 years behind compare to other bike in his class is still an amazing machine... but I'll wait until the new model show up.
The Super 10 has good review and I can see myself riding that... it's growing on me. The Triple sound so good... And the Tuono seams the perfect kill myself machine also! LOL
Thanks and yeah, I had pretty much all of those on my list as well.
To me that super 10 is just goofy looking....
I've looked at the fz8 and fz1 and while both of them had some great features I was turned off by the nakedness of them. Granted there are fairings available for the FZ1 but that was just going to add too much to the cost for me to consider them. I like having the fairings on the kawi ninja 1k, it just completes the bike.
I also looked at the street triples and they are nice bikes but the ninja 1k beat it for looks and price. I never got to ride the triple though, I wanted to but they didn't have any available for testing.
The tuono is a nice one and probably would be a very good bike but there aren't many aprilia dealers near me and if I never need to get service done I'd rather have my pick of dealers to go to in the event I'm out of area and some crap happens.
I wont even consider anything ducati, I don't have that kind of cash to blow on the bike and on service for it....
Marthy, come. Join me on the dark side. You've never been on a bike that handles as well as a Street Triple. The new 2013 model is supposed to handle even better, which blows my mind.
Yeah, they did some nice upgrades to it, subtle but nice.
the Z1000 was my runner up... x1000(typo)
it's a good bike but I went for the fairinged version as it just looks better IMO plus the adjustable windscreen is tits.
The V-Strom 1000 I just sat on felt very good. I haven't ride any of the bike but just sitting on it in the show room it feel better than the S10. The handlebars seams closer to the driver and the Strom fairing doesn't feel like it's 3 ft away from you like the S10. It feel lighter too.

I need to go back to the dyno sometime. The bike pull better than when I went to the dyno for sure, just don't know by how much. Honestly don't care... It's faster for sure. Most gain is in the mid range. Pull great from 4K up! Totally different bike. :D
V-stroms have a stupid high seat height as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't even touch ground on that bike so I said the hell with it, that and it's not too good looking either. Step in the ninja 1k with it's 31" seat and with my butt on it it sinks down to about 30", lol. I can almost flat foot on that bike but not quite. I'm tempted to do a 1" drop but it's not enough for me to really be worried about right now. Maybe later when I feel really crazy. To me there is just the slightest lean angle on the ninja 1k and it's a little better than the FZ1 was and other bikes I looked at. It just seems all the more comfortable for me.

When it fits it fits.

V-stroms have a stupid high seat height as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't even touch ground on that bike so I said the hell with it, that and it's not too good looking either. Step in the ninja 1k with it's 31" seat and with my butt on it it sinks down to about 30", lol. I can almost flat foot on that bike but not quite. I'm tempted to do a 1" drop but it's not enough for me to really be worried about right now. Maybe later when I feel really crazy. To me there is just the slightest lean angle on the ninja 1k and it's a little better than the FZ1 was and other bikes I looked at. It just seems all the more comfortable for me. When it fits it fits.
Agree on V-strom. It looks kind of boring, not so exciting...
The problem with FZ6/8/1 is that their tanks are too wide (comparing to Kawis). This makes your legs to be further apart from the bike which in turn affects handling. Kawi 1000 and Z1000 are perfect in this department. I also like Z1000's steering bar over the Kawa 1000 clip-ons as you can easily put raisers on it. Put an aftermarker windscreen and a top-case and you off for a multidays ride.
Also, for a sport/touring I want to check out the Suzi 1250AF. Although it can be on a heavier side... duno

Back