FZ6R = Gone........ Traded Her In for a ???

StreetTripleoff.jpg

615442-grasshopper.jpg

Wow, congrats Anthony.

Agree on V-strom. It looks kind of boring, not so exciting...
The problem with FZ6/8/1 is that their tanks are too wide (comparing to Kawis). This makes your legs to be further apart from the bike which in turn affects handling. Kawi 1000 and Z1000 are perfect in this department. I also like Z1000's steering bar over the Kawa 1000 clip-ons as you can easily put raisers on it. Put an aftermarker windscreen and a top-case and you off for a multidays ride.
Also, for a sport/touring I want to check out the Suzi 1250AF. Although it can be on a heavier side... duno

you have an interesting argument here, I hadn't thought about it like that.

I just know what I really like... lol.

As for the clip on, I like them, plus they already have aftermarket clip on components that raise the bars 1up1back and 1up 2back and few other variations. They have a price on them but they still look good and compliment the bike. I've been thinking of 1up/1back myself, would make for a nice subtle change that would work good IMO. I might go nuts and do 2 in there somewhere but we shall see.

I would like a top case for mine but I'm still on the cheap side of things right now.

I was waiting for you to show up. Ya man, After all that getting new tires and then I go out and do this lol. Well, this came with new Q2's also :)

nice bonus, I considered the Q2s as a replacement for mine when I get these down but I think I'm going to go for a variation of a touring tire. I'm really liking how the stock is setup with the nice hard compound in the middle so it wont flatten out as easily.

Especially with all the super slabbin I have to do here in florida...

Sweet ride Bone! Every bike are nice if they fit your needs. I was planning getting a new ride this year until my cage took a $hit... then I had to get a new one over the holidays (12 Fiesta SE) Great little car by the way.

I'm still hopping to be able to get a new ride this year. On my list:

FZ8 or FZ1
Super 10
Streetfighter 848
Monster 1100 EVO
Street Triple
Tuono V4 (yellow and black of course)

All those bike have something I like but don't have my mind set yet. Since I'm a little kid I always wanted to own a Ducati, the only thing holding me back is the maintenance. I can do it but I rather ride than wrench! The FZ8 is nice but like the 6R... is a little budget in my opinion. The FZ1 even if the bike is about 5 years behind compare to other bike in his class is still an amazing machine... but I'll wait until the new model show up.
The Super 10 has good review and I can see myself riding that... it's growing on me. The Triple sound so good... And the Tuono seams the perfect kill myself machine also! LOL

So many bike... so little $$$!

EDIT: Regardless of what I might get... the 6R is not going anywhere :)

You may wanna read this if you consider the ducati

Keeping them Honest- 1098 Maintenance Costs Exposed what you don't know will cost you - Featured News

Nice! Most than likely I'll be doing my own maintenance... you guys know me by now. :D I bough a valve shim kit for my boss Duc, $300something. The belts are $75.00 each... $150.00 a set.

Regardless it's not a Yamaha. It needs more maintenance and I'm fine with that. If I get a 848 I'm not planning on hammering 15-20K miles a year on it, I have the 6R for that. I use my bike pretty much every day and I did about 10K miles this year, 4K of that was my trip in Laconia, NH.

Still juggling and looking around...

if you ever decide to road test the diavel on full power sport mode you will be writing the check. You're warned ;)

Last edited:

Back