FZ6R Cafe Racer Conversion

Kevigou

Kevigou

Thanks a lot! I was looking for a plug-and-play headlight, and didn't want to have to cut wires.
No worries- my stock 3 prong harness plugged right in no cutting or splicing required. When I ordered I was sure there'd be more to it than that
Good luck! When you're done send me a message with the pic.

Superzoom

Will do, but it might take me a while to get started on my naked conversion. I'm thinking it will be a nice diversion during the long, long Canadian winter. I'm hoping to have my bike ready to go in April with no fairings, new headlight and mirrors, frame sliders, new touring saddle and new paint on the tank! It won't be recognizable.

Kevigou

Will do, but it might take me a while to get started on my naked conversion. I'm thinking it will be a nice diversion during the long, long Canadian winter. I'm hoping to have my bike ready to go in April with no fairings, new headlight and mirrors, frame sliders, new touring saddle and new paint on the tank! It won't be recognizable.
Good plan! I know about the winters I'm just up the road from you in Peterborough. If you have another questions don't hesitate

galaxies

Did you have to adjust the clutch and brake cables at all after installing these bars? I really like the way they look, but I'm trying to figure out if lowering the bars would create too much slack in the cables. Also, since you've transitioned to these bars, do you regret them at all? hows the ride feel? is the turning radius shortened?

one last request! If theres anyway you can upload a photo with a person on the bike so we can get a feel of the ergonomics, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Kevigou

Did you have to adjust the clutch and brake cables at all after installing these bars? I really like the way they look, but I'm trying to figure out if lowering the bars would create too much slack in the cables. Also, since you've transitioned to these bars, do you regret them at all? hows the ride feel? is the turning radius shortened?

one last request! If theres anyway you can upload a photo with a person on the bike so we can get a feel of the ergonomics, that would be awesome. Thanks!
1- only a small adjustment at the clutch lever was necessary (the dial at the lever) to tighten it up

2- thanks- we love the look too, the turning radius is the same, limited only by the triple tree. The ergonomics change drastically, you are leaned forward quite a bit. Feels way more agressive and fun to ride, although its winter here and I only took it briefly around the subdivision after the conversion. It was too much of a reach for my wife (5'-3") so I bought barback risers from twisted throttle that made it MUCH better. Comparable to a sportbike riding position.

3- I can upload a pic after the snow melts in the driveway!!

Kevigou

Also- the reason there isn't slack is because they drop but also move forward quite a bit...

Kevigou

Also- the reason there isn't slack is because they drop but also move forward quite a bit...
The FZ6R has narrow bars that don't provide much leverage for changing direction quickly- these bars are wider, and also you can "push" with more force easier with some of your weight on the bars- I found it very nimble and eager to turn with the new bars- hope this helps!

Bert-Aus

If you think the FZ6R has narrow bars, you won't like anything with clipons

Kevigou

If you think the FZ6R has narrow bars, you won't like anything with clipons
Lol I have owned an 09 R1, and a Ducati 1199 Panigale; I am familiar with clip ons and quite like them on a sportbike! When building a naked bike, streetfighter, etc. some people would prefer a wider bar than the fz's for leverage.