Food for thought

DarkWing

Okay, so, one of my favorite things to do while I ride is contemplate the universe and its wonders. For example, how much more fun the roads I've driven on hundreds of thousands of times is when I'm riding my 6r... or how I get some crazy sense of adventure on my bike and find a road that I've somehow missed all these years that has an absolutly amazing turn that I've found I can push my bike all the way over on.

But..... besides all of that. I'm enjoying my absolutly wonderful afternoon riding through open fields and desert, when a tiny bug hits my screen, right in the middle of my vision. I wipe it off right? Nothing new. 2 mins later, another one, slightly bigger, right over my left eye... so I wipe it off, which of course smears. . . which makes it worse, so I work a little harder at it, ONLY TO GET HIT BY ANOTHER BUG. WTF!? Nothing new to any rider out there. But as I continue to ride my contemplating gets the better of me.

What are the odds.... of one tiny bug, with all this open wilderness, hitting my visor, right over my eye? Like, seriously? What kind of math would it take to find these odds, and, if its possible... then the odds must be pretty good with all these open miles, or there are more bugs than I think. I got hit squarely in the middle of my visor by one of these huge grasshoppers we have out here in AZ the other day. It was a thwak and my head flew back, only to have bug juices that prevented my sight. So I opened my visor right? Im going like 60, eyes are dried out immediatly. Haha, so, I've decided, I hate bugs. . . Or they hate me and wait and aim for my vision.

Talk about a distracted motorist. I'm seriously thinking about this and then after thinking about it, I start thinking about how I'm thinking about it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this while riding. Who else thinks of wierd things?

Anyone willing to share?

YEp....and yep....

sometimes on long hauls I get into maths excercise time,
calculating the distance at the current speed of travel how far I can get,
and how I can stretch it farther by speeding up... and it goes on into BS WTF am I thinking territory

...on another creepy note regarding insects as a rule of thumb there are as many insects (above and below ground) within every square kilometer as there are humans on earth

and when they hear a moto rumbling down the road, they know exactly what trajectory to fly to intercept the visor:iconbeer:

YEp....and yep....

sometimes on long hauls I get into maths excercise time,
calculating the distance at the current speed of travel how far I can get,
and how I can stretch it farther by speeding up... and it goes on into BS WTF am I thinking territory

...on another creepy note regarding insects as a rule of thumb there are as many insects (above and below ground) within every square kilometer as there are humans on earth

and when they hear a moto rumbling down the road, they know exactly what trajectory to fly to intercept the visor:iconbeer:

Haha, thats awesome, and i did know that. Thats why the math was getting really really hard to do in my head lol. And im dyslexic which doesnt help. Nice to know im not the only one who does the math on how long it takes to get somewhere. I also like to play a game and see how many people are talking on the phone. keeps the mind busy and scanning the road.

Okay, so, one of my favorite things to do while I ride is contemplate the universe and its wonders. For example, how much more fun the roads I've driven on hundreds of thousands of times is when I'm riding my 6r... or how I get some crazy sense of adventure on my bike and find a road that I've somehow missed all these years that has an absolutly amazing turn that I've found I can push my bike all the way over on.

But..... besides all of that. I'm enjoying my absolutly wonderful afternoon riding through open fields and desert, when a tiny bug hits my screen, right in the middle of my vision. I wipe it off right? Nothing new. 2 mins later, another one, slightly bigger, right over my left eye... so I wipe it off, which of course smears. . . which makes it worse, so I work a little harder at it, ONLY TO GET HIT BY ANOTHER BUG. WTF!? Nothing new to any rider out there. But as I continue to ride my contemplating gets the better of me.

What are the odds.... of one tiny bug, with all this open wilderness, hitting my visor, right over my eye? Like, seriously? What kind of math would it take to find these odds, and, if its possible... then the odds must be pretty good with all these open miles, or there are more bugs than I think. I got hit squarely in the middle of my visor by one of these huge grasshoppers we have out here in AZ the other day. It was a thwak and my head flew back, only to have bug juices that prevented my sight. So I opened my visor right? Im going like 60, eyes are dried out immediatly. Haha, so, I've decided, I hate bugs. . . Or they hate me and wait and aim for my vision.

Talk about a distracted motorist. I'm seriously thinking about this and then after thinking about it, I start thinking about how I'm thinking about it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this while riding. Who else thinks of wierd things?

Anyone willing to share?

Now add some music on top of all that, you really start having moments of clarity and tranquility. I enjoy my ride home from work after staying an hour or two late. To see the sun setting to the west, clear views from the freeway put me in moments of bliss where all the crap that is going on in the world just falls off my shoulders. The guy from the movie 'The Matrix' said it best, "Ignorance is Bliss". Don't know what I'm talking about? Play this song again while riding next time and see what I mean... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8566UtalG_o]Gorillaz - Empire Ants - YouTube[/ame]

Now add some music on top of all that, you really start having moments of clarity and tranquility. I enjoy my ride home from work after staying an hour or two late. To see the sun setting to the west, clear views from the freeway put me in moments of bliss where all the crap that is going on in the world just falls off my shoulders. The guy from the movie 'The Matrix' said it best, "Ignorance is Bliss". Don't know what I'm talking about? Play this song again while riding next time and see what I mean... Gorillaz - Empire Ants - YouTube

Haha sweet! That's another something I do. I love listening to Dark Side of the Moon when I ride or radioactive. When I do twisties I love listening to Gary Clark Jr. Don't Owe You a Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFIWstcaoLc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do you mean 3 doors down super man? or pink floyed? lol

There is only one Dark Side of the Moon.... And that is Pink Floyd. Make no mistake. And I mean the album start to finish all together...

K JUST CHECKING. when I read that superman came to mind. but was corn-fused when all I say was pink floyed. I assumed it was 3 doors down when comparing to radioactive

Haha no... I listen to a wide range of music. I play guitar, blues rock, Stevie Ray Vaughan style. Drums and bass too

Going back to the bug discussion, what the hell do these Harley riders with half helmets do about bugs? They must finish their rides with bruised faces and bug juice all over...

Mhmm... I guess they have bigger wind screens? Smile!! :-D

I bet they don't get a kiss when they get home

Mhmm... I guess they have bigger wind screens? Smile!! :-D

I bet they don't get a kiss when they get home

I guess that's true haha.
No I imagine they wouldn't hahaha.. I hope they never ride with their mouths open...
Whats weird is how many more bugs seem to hit you in the face than on your wind screen.. or even the wind screen of a car haha

I guess that's true haha.
No I imagine they wouldn't hahaha.. I hope they never ride with their mouths open...
Whats weird is how many more bugs seem to hit you in the face than on your wind screen.. or even the wind screen of a car haha

It's like a meal delivered while on the go.

I listen to SRV when I ride the Harley, doesn't fit the genre for the 6'er

No it doesn't really. I like Gary Clark Jr. Or the Black Keys

The same thing that those of us who don't wear helmets do, grab the towel out of the bag and wipe our faces off...

Let the flame war begin...

Hahaha careful now. But really.... Like my helmet is more bug splattered than the front of the bike!

Back