Food for thought

Moths are bad here riding at night. I swear some are the size of birds. LOL! Was hot one night after kids football practice and my visor fogged so I rode with it up for a while and got walloped by a biggun!

That's crazy! I got hit by a huge grasshopper on the shoulder so hard it knocked my hand off the bars. Man it was like a rock!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes eye protection is required although I don't think it's enforced. Honestly I can't take wind in my face. My eyes tear up and dry and it is just miserable.

I usually always wear a helmet. But my town is so small I don't wear a helmet when i go like, around the corner to my mothers house. But i usually throw on my pair of Oakleys so my eyes dont tear up. Its funny though, my mind just amplifies the fear in my head when i do that and i get paranoid and watch for everything

a8agatu9.jpg

I always wear a helmet so that my head doesn't end up looking like this.

I remember riding in front of a storm once from Cowra to Bathurst on a Sunday evening, I had to stop every 20 minutes to wipe all the aphids from the visor. Lucky I had a water bottle with me. It must have been aphid breeding season or something. Then when I get to Lithgow, it grew dark and there was a sudden snowstorm and it wasn't even winter. I was going to push on, but then I realised I could barely see due to the snow falling and that was riding thru the street lit town, so I figure, "I better stop for the night, otherwise I will die" as there is a notorious black ice section on the Sydney side of Lithgow with no street lights there. When I stopped to turn around at the city limits, I looked down to see there was thick ice all over my chest.

I had a motto for then, "better to be late for work the next day, than to die".

I normally avoid philosophizing when riding, no music, just looking and feeling the road and motorbike.

Then I met a guy at a Lithgow pub that I used to kinda know as a young fella who now has 3 teenage boys. All is good.

Last edited:

Back