Custom Windscreen

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

toddjcruz

Interesting. I'm working with MadStad engineering to adopt their adjustable windscreen to the bike. Their normal kit included an aluminum short windscreen that replaces the stock windscreen, then a larger 18-22" winscreen mounts to that aluminum windscreen and can be adjusted in many ways. I'm interested in the adjustable part as it will let me lower it for sport riding and raise it for the touring I do (bugs, windnoise and such).

One of the reasons they use the aluminum is for a strong base, so that when you adjust to a high position, there will not be the fear of the base windscreen breaking. Wonder if I can make a EXTRA THINK base windscreen the same way you did, as they sell the brackets and windscreen alone.

Good job, your's look great. I might have to try something like that.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

arkkornkid

I'd like to see one that would go over the "power crystal" ... so if the screen were to be tinted/painted, it would be hidden...and as a shorty screen = that'd be ideal, IMO

stevet

We really need something like your windscreen. For looks I would definitely round off the top two corners so it looks sportier. Yes it will let a little more wind through but looks are important too and no one will buy something for their bike if they don't like the look. Great job Marthy. Everyone looks forward to seeing what you come up with.
Steve

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

cpd6l42

I thought of doing this also. I was going to make a template from the stock windscreen with plaster of paris, line the inside of the screen with cellophane(saranwrap) so that it isn't ruined in the process. You could add to it with shaped wood for bubbles or make it taller. Then I had seen someone make custom headlight covers by putting the plexiglass in the oven for a short time and then lay it on the mold. I would want to use pretinted plexiglass. Let me know if you guys think this would work.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

toddjcruz

When I did some work on a front air spoiler for my car, I had good luck with using a foam block and a rasp to shape it. Easy work, easier than wood as you can shape a windscreen in about 5 mins. Then put down a thin layer of fiberglass or something similar over the foam and then melt your windscreen to that shape? I would think the fiberglass would hold the shape under the melting plastic (as the foam alone would melt).

And by foam, I'm talking the white harder blocks used for packing computers. I forget what type is needed, as some types melt in reaction to the fiberglass.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
WOW! You indeed do some VERY good work. I am impressed! :eek:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks really good!! Great work! :thumbup: