Custom Windscreen

Great! The new 26" screen pass the final test, it's a keeper! Took a good ride with my lovely wife tonight and everything is fine. So now I might have a 24" screen for sale if any of you are interested. It's a 24" screen tinted. Nothing wrong with it, I just decide to make a taller one. Understand that this windscreen is home made with a few flaws... but anybody with some fabrication skills can smooth out few edges and make it look better. There's about $45.00 in material and a good 6 to 10 hrs of labor into it. Sold as is, with south florida bugs on it. LOL Just kidding, I'll clean it.

Or maybe if you have something to trade in? Good used Fender Eliminator maybe... something I can use with stock turn signals.
Do you still have that old windscreen.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Love the last picture "Sport/Touring" , it seems a few are turning the FZ6R into one .
Seat is my next adventure .
Keep up the good work ! :thumbup:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

AFDavis11

I'm a little confused on the air management stuff with the FZ6R. I think there is an air bubble created with the stock windshield at 50 mph our so. I think the forward lean of a sportbike has me a little confused though.

After riding for an hour though, I'm tired. Like I've been getting hit with wind for an hour.

I've been consider a Laminar Lip thingy but I'm not sure what I want or need to better handle wind issues.

So, Marthy, I'm curious what your final impressions are on the width and height of various screens and what kind of wind protection they provide. I get the sense that 26 inches is designed to eliminate most windblast over the entire body, to include the helmet. Could you recommend what height I might be looking for to block all the wind on the chest area for someone 5' 10" ish?

Here is what I am considering at the moment:

http://www.laminarlip.com/fz6r.php

I'm not anywhere near as adept as you are with plastic, but I don't want to spend a lot of money for something with poor performance improvement either.

Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

This is my PCV Map switch. Map1= Advgear RevB, Map2= Touring RevC :thumbup:
Think maybe I need a sticker like that on my throttle with a arrow , mid way for "touring" and full throttle for "sport" , cheaper than PCV . :D
WFO

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

When I ride I can take my left hand (unless you are experienced ride please do not attempt this) and move it up and down in front of my chest and can feel the air blast coming over the shield , it hits me right in the chest with stock one .
Have you ever taken a string and attached it to the center/side of the shield to see air flow ? :confused:

Chaphil3

By the way anybody notice my new handlebar? The combination of handlebar and windscreen is awesome! I can go all day long with my fiance at 80 mph! No pain in my neck and shoulder :) Anyone have a tip for numb finger (RH only?)
I bought a crampbuster last week and I love it. Slides right over the throttle and activates when you push down. No need to grab hard so no death grip and no numb fingers! (my whole hand would go numb after about 20mins lol). Picked mine up from my local dealer for about 10 bucks! CrampBuster - The Original Motorcycle Cruise Control

bigguybbr

I still am looking to get a set if the vibranator bar ends (Vibranator.com) to help reduce the hand numbing phenomenon. I also realized that a combination of gel grips, and different gloves makes a difference in reducing it.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member