CRASHED my 6R:(:(:(:(

Wittb75

So i was Riding home from work on a typical Monday work day when I lost control of the back tire and slid about 250ft doing about 55 miles an hour, luckily I had my gear on so I had minor road rash but the bike is in pretty bad shape. I dont know if it's fixible yet? Take a look at the pics

Attachments

• iphone pics 266.jpg
    iphone pics 266.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 221
  • iphone pics 267.jpg
    iphone pics 267.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 202
  • iphone pics 268.jpg
    iphone pics 268.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 207
Oh man that really, really sucks! Its painful just looking at those pictures. Atleast you weren't seriously injured. What were you doing that your back tire slide out?

I too am curious! How did the tire slide out? Oil, rain, inflation issues, blowout, wheelie?

That poor stator! :(

Glad to hear your ok....bike, not so much. Please let us know how that happened so we may all learn.

Glad you're ok... looks like the frame slider didn't work out so well... Let us know how it happened.....

Thats what I thought at first too, but I believe that is the mirror stock and not a slider. Doesnt look like he had sliders. (if I am looking at what I think YOU are looking at)

Sucks to hear. That is a total loss for sure if you go through your insurance. Glad you are alright.

The bikes are so...

inexpensive (Kelly blue book) that it would probably be a "total" if fully insured. If not insured...anything can be fixed :) Glad your OK!

that sucks.... but thats whats insurance for.

started riding after 9 years... i watch for every car making left hand turn in front of me, slow down at intersections, slow down where their mighe be deer, cars pulling out of driveways, cars coming the other way incase they over ride their lane on secondary roads.

i always try to go fast enought to avoid if i have do.

hope your back on the road someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main thing is you are ok!! Bikes are replaceable.
Did the bike flip or get lodged under something? Makes me grateful for wearing full gear, I see so many who do not. Sorry to hear your news....:(

damn sorry to hear that glad your ok

That bike is done for. Glad you are OK though! I too want to know what happened to cause the crash.

You said you were wearing gear. Leather? Textile? Tops and bottoms? Just curious.

After seeing those pics all I can say is,,,,,,OUCH! both sides dinged!. Very glad to hear that you had proper gear on.(Smart thinking on your part to ware it):thumbup:

Glad you had your gear on! Get back to full health and see about getting a new bike, because I think that one is a loss.

Please give us some details as to the events that transpired that lead to the cement surfing.

Back