Cheap Bluetooth Helmet Speakers Mod.

Neo

Id like to share my Mod. For anyone that likes listing to some music on a long ride without having ear phones in you ear or wires hanging out. It is also a pain to change songs or volume. so i thought there has to be a better way and there is.

This is a very cheap option. the great thing about this is you can Pause/Play music. change songs back/forward and even Volume up/down from you helmet with out messing around. you can even turn it off and on without touching your phone or ipod so you can leave it in your pocket or bag. so long as the ipod/phone is in range it will auto sync when is turned on. its also rechargeable and easy to remove but stays on at high speed. and it cost about $15 - $20 to setup.

Ok so the idea is simple. the Bluetooth receiver is velco to side of the helmet. and you have padded helmet speakers installed inside the helmet and you connect the 3.5mm audio cable to the Bluetooth Receiver and connect your phone or ipod to Bluetooth.

What you will need is a little Bluetooth receiver about $10. some double sided Stick on Velcro $1 and some padded Helmet speakers $5 an ipod or phone with Bluetooth. electrical tape and cable ties $3. please see below. :D

install the helmet speakers there padded and come with velcro there easy to install in a Shoei they just stick in. on my old shark it was harder and i had to tuck it under the internal padding.

if your good at cutting and soldering then id shorten the cable. if your not very good like me then you can tie it up and use cable ties to make a tight package and then put electrical tape over it to neaten it up. i then used some of the double sided sick on velcro to tuck it in place. on the back of the helmet see pictures below.

then you need to put some of the double sided velcro on the Bluetooth receiver and put it in place and connect you speaker cable. and you done. then you need to Bluetooth it to your ipod/phone.

Bluetooth Unit.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

and

Helmet speaker Pads.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Any questions please ask :D

ajskillz13

GREAT IDEA!!! I bought a Uclear system, but this is brilliant for those wanting to save the $$$. I had no idea they made Bluetooth receivers like that, especially for so cheap!

Let us know how it holds up. Is the connection always strong, or do you have some skipping?

Neo

Hey ajskillz13 i have been using it for about 4 months now with no issues it does need to be charged every few days. it has about 12 hours life. only takes a few hours to charge i have another one comming so i can just swap it over when one runs flat.

range is about 10 meters. no real streaming issues i put it in a back pack and in a saddle bag. or under passenger seat. it works in your pocket as well. but works best from in front or behind. i think its got to do with it passing through your body if its in your pocket. i have had it in the rain and it was soaked and still working $10 cant go wrong. even if you put it in the car if you have one you can change sings without tapping on the screen

Brock Kickass

I'm not sure if this goes here or if I should start a new thread. I don't mean to hijack this thread, just share my music solution as it is a little along the same lines.
I use a touchscreen iPod Nano. I run the headphone wire up my sleeve and out my collar, and I clip the Nano to the cuff of my jacket sleeve. It's not really meant to be adjusted on the go, although it does have hard volume and song skip buttons. It's very convenient to operate at stoplights and such (but don't get mesmerized, pay attention to your mirrors and the light!) and as a bonus, the Nano has a built in FM reciever. Usually if I want to change playlists or something I wait until I have to stop at a light or something and pull off on the right shoulder to be safe. However, with the quick acceleration of the bike, I have had no trouble even pulling (way) off to the right on a freeway to make a quick switch. Overall, it costs your trip about 30 seconds.
The disadvantages compared to the above system are that it costs more, there is a wire involved, and skipping songs or changing volume on the fly is not quite as easy. The advantages are the FM radio, and the fact that you can switch playlists etc... without having to dig your iPhone out of your pocket or bag.
Again, not trying to hijack, just thought this was sort of along the same lines.

0150r

I have speakers sort of like that, but skipped out on the BT thing altogether. I have a Sansa Clip (super small) and have that on the side of one of my helmets. The speakers I have don't have much extra wire, so it's all stored under the padding. It's really great because it has the buttons I need, don't notice it on the helmet, and has an FM radio in it too.. I was thinking about hooking up a headset to a motorola radio so I can communicate with friends that spent $300 on chatterboxes.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

thefallenkid

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007N6O0T6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01]Amazon.com: WCI Quality Waterproof Bluetooth Dual Intercom System for Motorcycles/Motorbikes - Connect Up to 3 Riders At Max Distance - 2-Way Radio Helmet Headset - Connects to Bluetooth Mobile Phones and MP3 Players: Electronics[/ame]

i got this and it honestly works amazing set up took 15 minutes, and all the wires are hidden. :thumbup:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

RocketRyder510

Thanks for the info! I bought the BT unit and I've been using it with earbuds. Next, I plan to get helmet speakers and an amp. How loud are those speakers? Do I really need an amplifier?

alh081

i just got my BT receiver yesterday and it works GREAT!
For those who are interested, this is the one i purchased.

You can see how I set it up on my mod thread: alh081's mod thread

RocketRyder510

I can't find them either?! The link is no longer valid from the op.
I bought mine from Amazon. Here's the link:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XOXNSC/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00]Amazon.com: BestDealUSA Universal BCK 08 Slim A2DP Stereo Bluetooth Earphones with Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member