Canyon Lake

DarkWing

Wow!!! All i can say is WOW over and over again.

So, still fairly new to riding street... Out here there are a lot of straight roads and stuff here near town, so i've been trying to practice my turns in empty parking lots and in the middle of the night on an empty desert road i practiced going back and forth between the dotted lines, going faster and faster. I rode up into the mountains to a town called globe, but there werent any real tight turns.

Well today, i decided to take her up to a place called canyon lake. This has all kinds of tight tight turns and hairpins. Its a blast in a car, but i've been fairly nervous about taking the bike up there. Wow!! So taking this route on a bike is completely different! Just makes the scenery that much more breathtaking and the turns that much more fun! After getting the hang of it, the turning felt natural and tight. I followed some peoples advice on here, especially the part about looking where you're wanting to go instead of where you're going. Helped so much! I didnt even notice how far over i was leaning, it just felt comfortable and right. Cant wait to do it again. This bike is amazing and gives you a thrill like non other!

So at this time I would like to take a moment and thank countless people on here for guidance to all us new riders out there! And I will also ask if you guys have any more advice for me they can think of. Thanks again guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20131116_165249.jpg
    IMG_20131116_165249.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20131116_165156.jpg
    IMG_20131116_165156.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 30
Congratulations on "turning a corner" with your 6R. It really *is* a stable and well-behaved bike in the canyons/twisties, once you get those little skill bits into focus.

I guess "look where you want to go, because you're *going* to go where you look" still is one of the best pieces of advice. Target fixation is a killer... both euphemistically and in reality. There's a thread on here somewhere about best bits of advice to offer for cornering, and that was universally in the top 2. The other one (for me) was always to *consciously* relax your outside arm in the turn, so it's not battling with your inside when countersteering. It's amazing how much radius you can cut off when both arms work together.

Beautiful run... ride safe...

That looks like a hella fun day out!

Haha yeah, thanks guys again. The Google map doesn't seem to do it justice though. There is one turn a bit nerve racking. I come up this Hill and you can't seen anything on the other side till you drop down and it's an immediate left turn. All tight runs. There were lots of sport bikes running up there that Saturday evening.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Back