Camshaft specs... The next project!

Thanks for the updates on the cam swap . Sounds like you are getting closer to a solution .
Yeah 112* to 114* is about right . Good idea on the slots to advance or retard .

I've been looking around to buy a shim kit to adjust the valves. They come in 3 different size. 7.48mm, 9.48mm and 8.90mm. Anyone know what is the outside diameter of the shims for the 6R? I just can't find any info...

Funny that, not a jot in the workshop manual regarding the diameter of the shims:confused:

Big respect for what you are doing; I once did the clearances on my 20-valve fzr1000exup. I do reckon you are onto something 'dialling' the camshaft timings in, on the exup you could liberate a lot more power doing this - the best bit it is easier on the fz6r. I was considering putting an FZ6 complete head on, which would have a similar effect. I wonder if all of the oil ways, dowels etc line straight up?

Keep up the good work marthy, every army needs a pathfinder:D

Best of luck, marthy. Shame the frame is so different on the fz6 or we could just bolt and go. Fz6 frame is prettier and lighter too :(

Best of luck, marthy. Shame the frame is so different on the fz6 or we could just bolt and go. Fz6 frame is prettier and lighter too :(

Funny visually I thought the two looked real close , I had my bike next to a FZ6 and the power plants mounting points looked the same , but I did not have the faring off to inspect all of them . Wish we had access to info such as frame and mounting point data .

any updates on this?

Lmao Call ya marthyJOTS

Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update Marthy! We're all eager to hear about your progress on the camshaft mod. I think it should be very promising. Have a great time in Montreal.

something strange

You leave in Palm Beach, right ?
it's wintertime, right ?
So why are going to Montreal ?
You're fed up with nice and cool weather ? :D

Timing gears are machined... I want to do it right away so freaking bad! Got 2 dinner party for the next 2 days and still some shopping to do before leaving for the motherland.

Good to hear , can't wait for results .

Back