Aftermarket foot pegs

Spunky99

I installed them today.

2 issues.
First off the spring is a tad large and it sticks up as you can see in the pics.
Second, the flat spot that keeps the foot pegs level is 1/8" shorter than stock so the pegs hang down.

I don't care about the spring issue as it really doesn't bother me so I went to the hardware store to see what I could do to get the pegs level.

I found a 1/8" X 1/2" flat brass strip and cut 2, 13/16" lengths to match the width of the stock peg mount. I scratched up the brass pieces on one side and did the same to the aluminum mount. I mixed up a little JB weld, put a thin coat on the brass pieces and put them behind the flat spot on the pegs. The spring pressure is perfect to hold the brass pieces while they dry in position.
The brass cuts like butter and makes an excellent base for the pegs and they are level and very secure. You really have to look to see the brass pieces and a shot of black semi gloss paint will hide them perfectly.

You can get the pegs in different anodized colors. Red, blue, silver, titanium, gold, black. The pegs are threaded on a long threaded piece that is part of the base that swivels. I used blue locktite on the threads to keep them from unscrewing although they seem like they will stay put without any Locktite.

Minor modification and the pegs are great.

Here is a link to the vendor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170270155502&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT[/URL]

Spunky99

Are there any vibration issues with the footpegs? They do look good.
I'll find out tomorrow on the vibration. I have a meetup about 30 miles away with a MC group.
That should give me a good idea of how they feel.
So far, there is more room in between the shifter and the peg for my racing boots. Makes shifting easier.
They fold up like the original pegs and the knurling seems to grip nicely on the tennis shoes I was wearing to the hardware store for the brass and JB Weld.

Since they unscrew from the swivel part, I can order new ones if needed to replace them if I grind them down around corners. (ya right!...ha ha )

Spunky99

Are there any vibration issues with the footpegs? They do look good.
Thanks, I kinda like the red foot pegs...LOL

I rode to work today and I really tried to feel vibration in the footpegs and couldn't. They feel like the stock ones without the rubber that moved under my shoe. And they don't stick to my shoe.
I do have a tad bit more room to shift up into higher gears and that is what I wanted.
I am very pleased with this mod and would recommend it to all.

The pegs are solid as a rock and work perfect.

cavcuz05

Is anyone else running differnet pegs or is spunky the only one

Spunky99

CrazyCawi

spunky did you ever end up noticing any vibration via longer rides IE: say a 60 mile commute?

Briguy453

CrazyCawi

I commute and want to know if there is more or less vib

Briguy453

I don't notice any vibe, but truth to tell I didn't notice any really with the oem's either.

Spunky99

spunky did you ever end up noticing any vibration via longer rides IE: say a 60 mile commute?
I never noticed any vibration from changing the pegs at all.
I hated that hollow piece of rubber. It made me feel like I was going to slip off the pegs.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

holy moley that would scare me shitless hahah! Red locktite it is!!!! where di you guys happen to order yours?

Spunky99

b_who

I put some R6 pegs on the other day.
Thanks spunky for the little how to!
Love these way more then the stupid rubber junk stock pegs.

Attachments

yamaha1812

little fyi about 09 fz6r pegs..

hey there just found this out myself the other day! the setup for the pegs in the front are the EXACT same as the set up in the rear. so for anyone looking to get rid of their annoying oem footrest you can actually purchase passenger pegs and replace them with the bulkier front pegs.

I'm doing this on my next paycheck will post pictures when I do!