A/C Recharge

ylwf3vr

I know this is a m/c forum but do you all recharge your A/C at all? With those cans from AutoZone?

My A/C has been flushed and filled but now the evaporator is leaking slowly (so says Midas).. with all the parts it'll be $2215. :eek:

I asked if I can periodically (and when necessary) just fill it up and they said sure.. it's just a temporary fix.

Now I've done some research and some say it's extremely dangerous.

I've personally seen 2 of my friends do this, and directions doesn't seem TOO difficult.. locate the low-port, connect the tube, recharge it to correct PSI/Temperature on the gauge.. as long as you don't over fill it..

Thoughts?

First, over 2000 to fix an air conditioner? Id get another opinion. hell you could buy a new one for that. Second you really don't need it. Its only hot during a few weeks in sep/oct and its not really hot so much as humid. Did you know there are no heaters on the island? That freaked me out when house hunting lol.

First, over 2000 to fix an air conditioner? Id get another opinion. hell you could buy a new one for that. Second you really don't need it. Its only hot during a few weeks in sep/oct and its not really hot so much as humid. Did you know there are no heaters on the island? That freaked me out when house hunting lol.

Lol yep most houses don't have A/C OR Swamp Coolers.. just open the windows during the cool times of the day..

Oh and I don't really know where else to take it.. I'd imagine dealerships will be even more expensive.. hmm..

I used a can of the refrigerant with "Stop Leak" in my old Grand Cherokee before. Filled it to proper PSI and let it run for like 2 hours. It stopped the leak and stayed charged for years. I'd give that a try. Was only like $20 for the kit at AutoZone.

Back