2012 Fz6r - OTD price Tags -Insurance

dmkun

I am strongly considering buying the 2012 FZ6R this week and would like to ask a few questions:

- Any reason why I shouldn't get the 2012 for OTD price of $7900?
- How much do the dealers normally charge on average for the tags?
- I am being offered 6mos of free gas with the deal. How do these free gas offers work?
- I don't have a car or home insurance. Stupid question: Do i need to sign up for insurance before i go to the dealership? How does it work? the dealer offered to search and provide the best insurance rate at the time of purchase. Is that a good idea?
-anything else I should consider or know before buying a new bike at the dealership?

I have been browsing this forum for a week now and have found it to be very helpful. I am looking forward to be part of this great community as a new rider and would really appreciate any suggestions and advice I can get before pulling the trigger. I have already purchased all my riding gear, and at this point, I really just need to buy a bike.

About myself: I live and work in NYC, and have already take the MSF Basic rider course. Once I get the bike, I plan on signing up for the advanced rider course either at the Ulster or the Brooklyn location.

Thank you for replying in such detail.

OTD includes tax, fees and tags.

I will find out details around the free gas offer. Thank you for the details.

Correct, I need insurance before I walk and ride out with a bike. this is really helpful. I will do my research before hand.

Thanks again for a detailed and very informative reply. Much appreciated.

Some dealers will help u get insurance on the spot via web registration or with on-site insurance agents.

www.ridewithmacgraw.com is one carrier a lot of new riders start with.

OTD pricing varies by location. But generally speaking if u can get a new model year bike OTD- inclusive of fees & taxes etc- for close to or under MSRP, then that's a decent deal. Many buyers pay much less than that- depending on the model year or if the bike is slightly used or not.

Back