2009-2012 Yamaha FZ6R Sequential LED Tail Light Smoke Lens from Motodynamic

dx2killa

Hey guys, I got a brand new 2012, and I ordered this and flush leds for the front. Anyone have flush mounts with this? Do you need resistors for them to work together properly or maybe just a flasher relay?

flyingminno

Hey guys, I got a brand new 2012, and I ordered this and flush leds for the front. Anyone have flush mounts with this? Do you need resistors for them to work together properly or maybe just a flasher relay?
Not sure about the resistor but you do need an LED flasher relay for the front signals for the rear to work properly.

dx2killa

Not sure if anyone has had this issue. I recently put this light in and have relay and everything. Contacted them and saying most likely issue in my brake circuit or vibration and not light itself. When my bike is running and i hold the brake down either foot or hand the light flashes randomly, now i tested with the bike off messing with wires and vibrating tapping the light itself while the brake was being held and no random flashes but when the bike runs it just randomly flashes like the brake circuits being like cut . Figure post see if anyone else had this problem

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dx2killa

Its something vibrating , and its not the light itself because i took it out and shook the light itself and messed with all the wires while bike was off someone holding the brake and no flashes.. so im not sure whats going on.. motodynamic tells me..

"We had a customer recently where the switch just popped out behind the lever, and we simply popped it back in place. Or if it's somewhere in the wires it could be anywhere from the switch all the way to the tail light which may be difficult to diagnose. In the meantime, you can turn off the stop alert so that it stops flashing when you hold the brakes.

I also had one customer where he had a bad ground wire on the bikes harness side. We simply regrounded the black wire from the tail light to the license plate light ground and it stopped the flashing."

but both my foot and hand brake does it.. so its kinda strange..

linkgt

My brother has this type of tail light on his CBR600. It's cool. If i didn't already have the tuner X tail light and the custom led programmable relay, id be all over this. I like that the turn signals in this one take up a bigger area of leds than the tuner x one.

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

dx2killa

That has to be some short circuit...
Its weird that its only when the bikes running, if brake hand or foot while bike is just key on, flashes 3 times and solid no problem...im pretty sure it didnt do this when i first got this either.. so im gona try regrounding the ground or w.e if it doesnt fix it im gona try to get a swap.. i like the alert braking but not randomly flashing while im riding..

dx2killa

I noticed this morning at a light when it was flashing off the car next to me. Squeezed the brakes as hard as I could but kept randomly doing it. Stock levers, bars, no accidents..... pisses me off.... how do we fix it?
Crazy how theres a couple people who have this same problem yet thats all they could tell me. I have a guy really good with electrical checking it out at my shop but i really dont know! Time will tell might have to turn the flashing off but then ill be slightly pissed that one whole feature on this wont work properly.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dx2killa

Ok guys, so may have the solution, i need to do it officially but we had a temp setup and it was not flashing anymore. The ground in the harness for the tail light we tested.. its geting slight voltage from somewhere i forget what my buddy says but he sayed the ground wasnt good enough in the actuall harness, so we tested by doing a quick connect and grounding it out to the bike, turned on the bike engine on, holding in the brake no more random flashes. When we actually rewire the ground I'll let you know for sure!

06330i

mine does the same it randomly keeps flashing, but i dont use the stop alert anyways so its no biggie. either way i absolutely love this light and get many compliments on it.

dx2killa

How do we disable the flash alert?
Three button presses.

Alrighty guys so it seems the ground wasnt the problem after all, we regrounded and it seems like it was just a random stretch of working properly because I checked it this morning when I got into work it was randomly flashing again so.. not sure where to go from here. So i just disabled the stop alert for now, maybe mess with some stuff the next time I have it apart.

DubiousDrummer

So I just bought this light for my bike, after waiting forever for the extra time and cash. But now I need to know, what are you guys doing with the license plate??

There are plenty of kits out there, but they all come with extra attachments for the OEM or aftermarket signals, both of which we don't need with this light. So what have you all done to hang your plate?? :confused:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member