2009-2012 Yamaha FZ6R Sequential LED Tail Light Smoke Lens from Motodynamic

alh081

those look pretty awesome.

tzrox

I must say that i'm impressed with the light output for the license plate. Thanks for sharing. I made a DIY FE and need a way to light up the plate. I may have to order one of these tails.
That exactly why i ordered it too.

DubiousDrummer

Another question.

If I disable the "sequential" part of the turn signal, and just let it flash left and right, do I have to buy a relay?

I kind of like having my turn signals blink faster. I feel like it's more noticeable. So do I need to buy the relay and slow them down?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

GranTourer

Hrmm...

Its something vibrating , and its not the light itself because i took it out and shook the light itself and messed with all the wires while bike was off someone holding the brake and no flashes.. so im not sure whats going on.. motodynamic tells me..

"We had a customer recently where the switch just popped out behind the lever, and we simply popped it back in place. Or if it's somewhere in the wires it could be anywhere from the switch all the way to the tail light which may be difficult to diagnose. In the meantime, you can turn off the stop alert so that it stops flashing when you hold the brakes.

I also had one customer where he had a bad ground wire on the bikes harness side. We simply regrounded the black wire from the tail light to the license plate light ground and it stopped the flashing."

but both my foot and hand brake does it.. so its kinda strange..
I also have this brake light flash problem (seems like a product defect). Actually, this was my second issue. The first was the right tail signal not working which turned out to be a defective sub-harness.

I called Motodynamic and was told the same thing as dx2killa. Besides suggesting to disable the stop alert :(, he also mentioned running a 100 microFarad capacitor between the red and black wire on the brake connector.

Seeing how the re-grounding didn't help others, I might try the capacitor or just deal with it and turn off stop alert. Pretty shoddy stuff if it can't handle some motorcycle vibration.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member