Yamaha fz6r vs ninja 300

Most likely I'll shop around buy when I initially looked progressive by far was the cheapest but as it sits 4x is too much I feel like

I want your guys opinion I'm a new rider and I can get either one of these bikes for about 4500$ brand new. The only difference would be about 3x more for insurance on the fz6r do you think it's worth getting it or stick to the slightly cheaper path of the 300 I'm also considering a used 650r and ER-6.

where is this, left overs, or?

The 2015 versions are on Yamaha's website now.
I know but i have not seen any, no one has any listed. My dealer said they were done but i accept he could be wrong. Until i actually see one though im assuming they are gone. Pretty much all 15s are out by now arent they?

4x is crazy, try a few more company. I wouldn't get full cover if it's that much. The bike is cheap. If you can afford to replace it, then just get liability. If the FZ6R is what you really want, then get it. If you get the Ninja300, you will probably want to upgrade within the 1st yr.

Could not agree more, my insurance went from about 120 a year to 100 a MONTH to put Collision on. I only borrowed 5k, $100 a month is MORE than the bike payment. It would be way cheaper by half to just keep paying the monthly payments if the bike gets wrecked.

If you want to be budget concious get the 300. If you want a bike you're not going to have to upgrade from in 6months get the fz. I personaly thing a budget is never going to hold you back from upgrading and think you should buy the bike you want from the start. It will save you money down the road when you get bored with your budget bike. Take it easy and take the time to learn your bike and you'll be fine.

I know but i have not seen any, no one has any listed. My dealer said they were done but i accept he could be wrong. Until i actually see one though im assuming they are gone. Pretty much all 15s are out by now arent they?

no, not even close. don't know why they would post 2015 pics/prices etc. on their website if the model was discontinued.

months ago, they filed CA emissions for the FZ1, so that was the 1st clue it was still alive.

there's only 1 guy at a dealer that I listen to, he stays on top of things and doesn't get the info from the shop, he gets it like the rest of us, online/word of mouth

no, not even close. don't know why they would post 2015 pics/prices etc. on their website if the model was discontinued.

months ago, they filed CA emissions for the FZ1, so that was the 1st clue it was still alive.

there's only 1 guy at a dealer that I listen to, he stays on top of things and doesn't get the info from the shop, he gets it like the rest of us, online/word of mouth

Well ask him, see what he says :)

As good as a deal as the FZ6R is I'm not confident in my ability enough to buy it I rather start off a little bit slower and the gas and insurance are just a extra bonus. Thanks for everyone's suggestions

As good as a deal as the FZ6R is I'm not confident in my ability enough to buy it I rather start off a little bit slower and the gas and insurance are just a extra bonus. Thanks for everyone's suggestions

I agree, i just dont think you should waste your money on a new one. if you get a 300 you WILL want to get rid of it in about a year. If you buy new you lose 1/3 the value when you drive it off the lot. If you buy a low mile used one you can usually get rid of it for close to what you paid for it in a year. GOOD LUCK!

For those of you looking for a new insurance policy check out State Farm. I got a new 2013 FZ6R and when I was shopping around for insurance, full coverage of 100/300/50 and 1000 deductible, it was easily $1200-$1600 a year. When I called State Farm they had it for only $1150 a year. Then I bundled my car, old 2002 Ford Focus, and the cheapest renters insurance with them. Now my bike is down to $290 for 6 months with 100/300/100 and 1000 deductible on collision and comprehensive. Might be worth a call if your rates are going up.

I checked the insurance allstate for full coverage at least in my area was 110 a month

Everyone is going to get different rates depending on where they live, age, driving record etc. Some insurance companies (Ryder i think) have started rating this bike as a super sport so guys were dropping them. There are some threads about it on here if you search. And again vs. 120 a year its not worth it, you pay off the bike in insurance costs in just 5 years. thats ridiculous.

3 weeks ago bought a new raven fz6r. Only 2 miles on it when I rode it off the lot. When I got my insurance 30/100 and 1000 deductible with Gieco is 68 per month. And that's for a new rider with just a permit in California (just past the drivers test today at dmv now am licensed). Also if you are mature and ride responsibly I would go with the fz6r. My reason is.... one of the 1st things I noticed is on the freeway and in the city drivers tend to drive faster, accelerate quicker, and tailgate closer when there is a motorcycle present. So with that in mind the extra hp and torque come in real handy. Most accidents are because of the "other guy/girl" unless your just drive wreckless

My FZ6R was my first bike and I debated this very same thing since I was worried about outgrowing the baby ninja too quick and having to upgrade. Perhaps being a little over confident, I also thought to myself, how hard would it really be to get used to the bigger bike. I can tell you it took me a little while to get used to the weight and handling and I did gently drop it twice. Luckily there wasn't significant damage but at the time it happened, I did wonder if I got the right bike for me. After lots and lots of parking lot practice and really getting comfortable leaning it and eventually working up the courage to ride at freeway speed, I can say I really do enjoy the bike more so than when I first got it but it took time. But I agree with what a lot of others are saying, it really doesn't hurt to start out small until you are sure you enjoy riding and have picked up enough skills for a bigger bike. Dropping a cheap used smaller bike isn't as dramatic as dropping a new shiny more expensive bike.

As for insurance, I think I lucked out and managed to get it for $35 a month full coverage even as a beginner. I did get some outrageous quotes though from Geico and Progressive because of my newbie status but just kept calling around until I found that great deal.

My FZ6R was my first bike and I debated this very same thing since I was worried about outgrowing the baby ninja too quick and having to upgrade. Perhaps being a little over confident, I also thought to myself, how hard would it really be to get used to the bigger bike. I can tell you it took me a little while to get used to the weight and handling and I did gently drop it twice. Luckily there wasn't significant damage but at the time it happened, I did wonder if I got the right bike for me. After lots and lots of parking lot practice and really getting comfortable leaning it and eventually working up the courage to ride at freeway speed, I can say I really do enjoy the bike more so than when I first got it but it took time. But I agree with what a lot of others are saying, it really doesn't hurt to start out small until you are sure you enjoy riding and have picked up enough skills for a bigger bike. Dropping a cheap used smaller bike isn't as dramatic as dropping a new shiny more expensive bike.

As for insurance, I think I lucked out and managed to get it for $35 a month full coverage even as a beginner. I did get some outrageous quotes though from Geico and Progressive because of my newbie status but just kept calling around until I found that great deal.

Um, Please who in the hell are you getting $35 a month full coverage from in So Cal? I want them! best quote i got was like 110 a month vs. the 120 a YEAR i pay for just liability. Id at least like to add comprehensive for theft if not collision.

Um, Please who in the hell are you getting $35 a month full coverage from in So Cal? I want them! best quote i got was like 110 a month vs. the 120 a YEAR i pay for just liability. Id at least like to add comprehensive for theft if not collision.

Right?! Shocked the hell out of me when that's what they quoted me. Had to double check everything just in case they gave me a quote on the wrong bike or the numbers were wrong but it all looked right so I ran with it. 100/300/100 with a $500 deductible. State Farm did me well. Funny they could't give me a great deal on my car though. But check them out and call different agents. Different offices seem to give different quotes.

Back