Xj-6 Diversion seat fit the Fz6r?

jjmaine

I am wondering if the Xj6 seat will fit the Fz6r without any extra hardware or what else would I need to convert?

Reason I ask is because I’d like to buy a one piece comfortable seat but am not spending $618 on a Corbin when you cant even see what your options are going to look like before you buy. I dont want to spend that much regardless lol.

If I can buy a used Xj-6 seat, I can buy a kit for $150that comes with gel foam and a nice new seat cover and install it myself…. I’d also buy a used Corbin in a second if I could find one in good shape…😉😉😉

bill0509

Hey,

It does fit the FZ6R but I believe there is some hardware that you need to remove to accommodate the XJ6 seat

Coincidentally I am looking for the FZ6R two piece seat and I am down to swap if you're willing to

My seat's in perfect condition, no tears or rips etc. Plenty of life left in it. Coming from a 2012 XJ6F with 17000 miles on it.

jjmaine

I prefer to keep my stock seat in case I end up not liking it or want to switch back for whatever reason. Thanks though! Plenty of stock Fz6r seats on ebay though…

I really want the Corbin seat but I have read a lot of bad reviews both about their products and wretched customer service. What Ive heard is basically once you’ve ordered and received a seat thats what you get and your stuck with it. Any attempts to contact them just get ignored even if you have a legitimate concern or issue. If it werent for all the bad reviews I might have already gone with them. The shop I have do all my seats and seat covers seems to have shut down during the covid and never started back up. They only modified stock seats anyway and I want the one piece….

jjmaine

I found a mint condition, white oem rear seat cowl on ebay so I think I’ll just send my seat off this winter to get better foam and a nice seat cover installed.IMG_1994.jpeg

jjmaine

Tell me about it! And the color I need! The seller said he thinks it’s oem. At least it has the oem 36P- part number molded into it and has the typical yellow QC pencil marks on the inside (not that those can’t be faked).

I couldnt pass it up either way, I figure I can always trade it for a Corbin seat…. Or another Fz6r😁

Half-Click Up

Tell me about it! And the color I need! The seller said he thinks it’s oem. At least it has the oem 36P- part number molded into it and has the typical yellow QC pencil marks on the inside (not that those can’t be faked).

I couldnt pass it up either way, I figure I can always trade it for a Corbin seat…. Or another Fz6r😁
Wouldn't make sense to try and pass off a fake since the demand would be just as high for a reproduction. People would pay the OEM GYTR price just to finally get their hands on one. I'd say you just picked up the rarest Fizzer part on the planet.
Congrats!!

jjmaine

Thanks man! I have been searching ebay for “Fz6r seat” trying to score a used Corbin and this showed up the other day. I’ll take that thank you!

jacksondavid8

The writer understands the reader's perspective and acknowledges their concern about purchasing a comfortable seat at an affordable price. Although there is no precise information available regarding the compatibility of the XJ6 seat with the FZ6R, it is recommended to seek advice from fellow riders or explore online forums for success stories on this conversion. Another option worth considering is to keep a lookout for used Corbin seats in good condition, as they can offer a comfortable and cost-effective solution. Best wishes for your seat upgrade project as you search for both comfort and affordability.

audace

Just for reference I guess, the one piece XJ6 seat does fit on the FZ6R. However, the latch for the seat needs to be moved to the position on the frame that's further back.

That also requires the longer release cable for the seat latch off of the XJ6 (Yamaha P/N 20S-2478E-00-00).