Winter Boredom has given me the Modding Itch...

Millhouse

Well, winter has arrived. I don't really have any friends to hang out with, I work full time and have nothing to spend money on, so the boredom has given me the itch to start modding the bike. I planned on keeping the bike stock but this gives me something to do other than sit on xbox.

I want to black the bike out as much as I can. I bought a puig black racing windscreen off of roadrat, some smoked flushies for the front, and a fender eliminator with clear/smoked led turn signals for the back. Just ordered the led relay to slow the blinking down. Thinking about buying a smoked integrated tail light for the back too.

Here is a pic of my raven. Got the puig installed and in the middle of the fender eliminator project. She's a little tore down rite now haha.

Rite now I am just doing aesthetic mods that are relatively inexpensive. Once I get all this done I might do some performance mods too. I just don't want to spend a ton of money because if I sell the bike I will never see the money again.

Let me know what you guys think. I am open to criticism and suggestions :p

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

roadrat

Looks freakin' sweet! Maybe Marthy will give you a good deal on an exhaust!! :D

Fizzer6R

so, did Berkey get elected for Mayor? :p

Millhouse

Well guys I got some work done. I ordered and installed my motodynamic LED integrated tail light, installed the fender eliminator, and installed the relay for the LED's. The relay is not necessary for the taillight as it comes with its own little box to control the blinking speed. I installed the LED relay for my front flush mounts that I have to install still. I made a little vid for you guys so ill let it do the talking :thumb up:

Yamaha Fz6R mods - YouTube

roadrat

Nice video Millhouse - love that integrated tail!

Millhouse

Nice video Millhouse - love that integrated tail!
Thanks man! One of my favorite parts is it has a strip of white LED's in the bottom for the license plate light. I just went out and put the plate on now that its dark and turned it on. It lights up the whole plate really well. Well worth the money.

Millhouse

She's almost how I want her

Finished up some mods today. Put the flushies on and got rid of the red "Fz6R" graphic on the sides. Even went for a little ride just to warm her up and keep the seals oiled. Riding on Christmas eve in northeastern Ohio gets you some funny looks...

Heres a few pics

Millhouse

Looks great! If you really wanna go the full nine in blacking it out, you can get a Hyperpro rear spring. Besides being black it's an upgrade over the stock red one.
Black spring would look good and I have considered upgrading the suspension :p I still need to get rid of the reflectors on the front forks too Ive just been waiting until I can use a torque wrench to bolt the caliper brackets back on.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

zaclaw

That's a beautiful machine man. I'm looking forward to having enough money to do some modding myself. Hopefully this spring.

Kdubb223

Had a quick question on the taillight... Is it possible to wire it so it just works as a brake light? My FE already has turn signals... Thanks!

Spunky99

Dude.....those chicken strips need to be dealt with.....LOL

Finished up some mods today. Put the flushies on and got rid of the red "Fz6R" graphic on the sides. Even went for a little ride just to warm her up and keep the seals oiled. Riding on Christmas eve in northeastern Ohio gets you some funny looks...

Heres a few pics

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Millhouse

Had a quick question on the taillight... Is it possible to wire it so it just works as a brake light? My FE already has turn signals... Thanks!
Yes, it is programable. You can turn the turn signals on/off, brake flash on/off, license plate light on/off all individually.

Dude.....those chicken strips need to be dealt with.....LOL
Always someone remarking on the chicken strips on street bikes :rolleyes:

If you have no chicken strips and you only ride on the street, you're a :squid:

Maximum lean isn't a good idea on a public road where you might need to adjust your angle depending on the surface/situation. If you're at maximum lean, there's only one direction you can adjust, and it might not be the direction you need to go to avoid a hazard. Just sayin'.

Those are some mighty thick strips though...
:p

:scared:
About the chicken strips.... First off I live in NE Ohio... all we have is straight flat country roads with fields on each side. Secondly, I only have about 4000 miles under my belt on a street bike, the bike is paid for so I only carry liability insurance. Im not looking to hurt myself, trash my bike I have almost 5 grand into, and risk tickets ect just to scrub the "new" rubber off the sides of my tires.