Winter Boredom has given me the Modding Itch...

Spunky99

Yes, it is programable. You can turn the turn signals on/off, brake flash on/off, license plate light on/off all individually.

About the chicken strips.... First off I live in NE Ohio... all we have is straight flat country roads with fields on each side. Secondly, I only have about 4000 miles under my belt on a street bike, the bike is paid for so I only carry liability insurance. Im not looking to hurt myself, trash my bike I have almost 5 grand into, and risk tickets ect just to scrub the "new" rubber off the sides of my tires.
You have the right attitude there Millhouse...I was just being a jerk......sorry.
I've been too scared to push my bike any further too as I have liability only too and finally have a properly working rear brake as of yesterday and I'm still fiddling with the suspension. I totaled my FZ6R and don't want to crash again. I'll probably keep these strips for a long time.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Where did you get your real spools???

Did you have to do much to get them on? I've been dying to have some, I really wanted to remove the ones I have from my swing arm.

Lemme know :)

Thanks!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Awww that's too bad...

I find it a pain to have spools on the swing arm. #1 because they are ugly. #2 I have to take one side off in order to remove my silencer tip on my Two Brothers.

Spunky99

I have a single sided swing arm and a 1999 Triumph Daytona 955i.
The spools are totally useless but fill the hollow titanium axle in the rear.
They come off in about 10 seconds if you have a pair of 10mm sockets and wrenches.
I think they look better than a hollow axle that you don't have on the FZ6R.
I looked into spools for the FZ6R and the only ones I saw needed a hole drilled into the swing arm and no way was I going to do that!

Millhouse

You have the right attitude there Millhouse...I was just being a jerk......sorry.
I've been too scared to push my bike any further too as I have liability only too and finally have a properly working rear brake as of yesterday and I'm still fiddling with the suspension. I totaled my FZ6R and don't want to crash again. I'll probably keep these strips for a long time.
Its all good. I think the bike needs a different suspension setup for me to push any harder in the corners. For some reason when I corner hard it feels like the front wheel is going to wash out before the back will slide out. I only have 2500 miles on the bike and the front tire is already cupping on the sides. Minimal wear on the back tire so that tells me something is wrong, just not sure what to change to fix the issue.

Spunky99

Its all good. I think the bike needs a different suspension setup for me to push any harder in the corners. For some reason when I corner hard it feels like the front wheel is going to wash out before the back will slide out. I only have 2500 miles on the bike and the front tire is already cupping on the sides. Minimal wear on the back tire so that tells me something is wrong, just not sure what to change to fix the issue.
Try loosening the front triple trees one side at a time a little and allow the fork tubes to come up a little through the tree. Maybe 2mm and retighten. See how much better the bike enters into a corner with the front end lower by 2mm. I was having to push the rear of my bike into a corner until I adjusted the preload to get the front end a little lower than stock. You don't have a preload so lowering the front end a tad essentially does the same thing. Some people replace the springs and spacers in the forks, add a "Gold valve" and change the fork fluid weight. You can play with tire pressure too and that might help.