Wind

Parcho

Beautiful day. 70-75 degrees, partly cloudy, planned to ride all day. Then I go out and ride and the 30 mph winds blow me all over the road. :( Only was able to enjoy it for about an hour until I just got sick of dealing with the constant wind gusts.

Do you guys still joyride in high winds or play it safe and pack it up?

CrazyCawi

I still ride it out. I just dont do anything foolish or hit it hard in the corners, I get my harley rider soul out and just cruise

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Parcho

I'm the same. I generally ride until I just get sick of dealing with it. I live near the ocean too, but some days the wind just gets to me more than others.

BoneJj

I'v ridden in some pretty nasty wind gusts over the years. It's not that big of a deal.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

KeysRider3

Yeah, the winds here have been serious the past few days. I skipped Friday because of the gusts (40+), but rode yesterday and today. Riding in a more tucked position helps, as does wearing ear plugs. Seems like I was riding into the wind coming and going today! But, I was riding!!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

poWKaw

Just ride like you're in the motoGP and you're fine hahah, don't mind winds unless I'm next to a truck and get pushed closer, gotta stay on the ball with that. Sure as hell beats the pushbike though, Headwinds almost making you grind to a stop and then stuck working up your speed again only for it to happen a minute later!!

DragonBlu

I usually slow down to the speed limit if it's gusting sideways really hard. There's nothing like a good tailwind to push you home after a long trip. :spank:

RooKie

The only time the wind bothers me is when I'm stuck in traffic going 10-15mph. Moving too fast to put my legs down, and too slow for the motorcycle to stabilize itself without me doing all the work up top. When going at regular speeds 50-80mph with high winds, I just tuck in and enjoy the ride :cool:

MustGoFaster

When I lived in Chicago, I'd ride in all types of what-not.

Out in the desert, the wind out here can get pretty gnarly. All that's out here to block it is the mountains, and depending on where it's coming from...

I just say eff it typically and ride it out. :D