Why'd you choose it?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
I had been looking for a new bike for a while. It was down to either a cbr 600 or a r6. I was on my way home from work on my 1983 Honda Ascot Vt500Ft when I saw the most gorgeous bike ever. As soon as I test drove the FZ6R I knew I had to have it.

I thought I was going to look at an R6....sat on it and it fit my body perfect. Sold same day. ;)

It was (and still IS) the sexiest and more aggressive looking entry level sports bike. :thumbup:

it was an upgrade from a ninja 250, since i my wife loves going on rides with me and the 250 didnt have enough sufficient power for riding 2 up. it has more of an upright sitting position suitable for the 2 up position. Plus it looked way better than the ninja 650.:D

These are the things I thought about when looking for a bike.

1. Sticker Price (wanted a bike under 8K)
2. Insurance (wanted reasonable ins.. The R6 was 112 a month, the 6R, 42)
3. Comfort (I have 18 screws and two rods in my back, I needed a more relaxed errgo etc..)

The FZ6R was the pefect bike for the above! Not to mention I absolutely love how she looks!

Reactions: JSP
I was looking for a daily rider, making the 45 mile roundtrip commute to work everyday, cross town trips to meetings every weekend, 40+miles to visit nearest family, 50 mile roundtrip to save $15 on a carton of cig's.:smoking:

So I was looking at the MPG along with price tag. I was split between the FZ8 and 6R until I went to the dealer. They had about 10 sport bikes (R6, R1, FZ1,FZ8) but only one FZ6R, the other bikes were all raven or copper/raven with the lone 2010 6R being the only non-black (white btw).

I had already read a bunch of reviews on it but the deal makers were the $2k price difference, didn't want a dark colored bike, and that white girl just looked sexy sitting there between all the black bikes. I knew it would turn some heads.

i have wanted a bike for a long time now, the few reasons i chose and am choosing a fz6r is partially to do with this forum.... the fact that a 250 wouldn't do what i need to do and out of most bikes i sat on the fz6r fit right.... and you know the right bike when you sit on it.....there are a lot more factors in it though, gas, cheap insurance, im not trying to go 200mph....and the love of riding....

LOL well for me, I bought the bike before sitting on her! Haha.. and our bike can only do130ish.. trust me I know... 200 is way out of the question :D

LOL well for me, I bought the bike before sitting on her! Haha.. and our bike can only do130ish.. trust me I know... 200 is way out of the question :D

mine does 200...oh yeah...you have a raven.

i have fallen in love with the 2012 gsxr 750 though :D...... but that sure isnt going to be my first bike and isnt something i can afford... but maybe later in life....

I would never want to ride one daily... they are just too leaned over for me... I like to just sit and relax...

There's a reason why YAMAHA stopped making them in yellow! ;)

to fast?...I know. We read the hidden documents at our monthly super cadmium yellow ultra fast raven slappin meetings.

Back