Wheelie

latony007

RooKie

I'm starting to think a good 2nd gear wheelie isn't gonna happen on this bike.
I've unintentionally wheelied a couple of times when switching from 1st to 2nd gear on the freeway. Nothing impressive (probably less than 2 inches), but the bike has really good power. Just gotta hit that sweet spot. ;)

Just to clarify, I was accelerating quickly to avoid being rear-ended by distracted drivers and not trying to stunt in public road.

Cerebus

See, I didn't think our bikes (stock) were even close to being wheelie-able. I'm glad even my newb mistakes haven't resulted in a front wheel lift. :)

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

abyss1406

yes, my wheelie practices have all been done on private property and not on the streets

Cerebus

Put almost 150 pounds right on the edge of the bike's tail, get to about 6k in first gear and SLAM the throttle. It came up so quick it felt like we would do a loop de loop if I stayed WOT. So yeah, under the right circumstances it will wheelie!
She's gonna be pissed if she catches you posting her weight on the Internet. :D

danieljardim

I personally think wheelies are lame. I don't see nothing interesting in doing a wheelie. (I done once unintentionally and scared the shit out of me)

I'd rather learn how to take a corner like JohnKerr and some other "pro" members here.

abyss1406

wheelies are overrated, but fun at times, like launching off the line and controlling it.

latony007

to me, and this is just my opinion, the problem with wheelies is not so much the wheelie itself and it being dangerous, which it can be, but the stigmata. Doing it propagates the stereo type to everyone else on the streets that sport bike riders are stupid and dangerous, should not be allowed on the roads and get what they deserve. Then some stupid politician thinks he can get some votes from those people and next thing you know there is a ban on sport bikes or riders under a certain age or whatever, im exaggerating but you get my point.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

WARL0K13

i just recently started learning clutch wheelies on my FZ6R and i've learned so far how to get the front end up in the air everytime. what i do is take the bike to about 5k rpm(keeping the throttle constant), and i simultaneously let off throttle a little bit,squeeze in clutch, and then pop it while giving it throttle. works everytime :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Mitch21

I use to condemn suck behaviors but since I got the FZ09... ah well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Id have to agree Marthy, you all bought the wrong bike, come to the dark side :sinister:

abyss1406

Id have to agree Marthy, you all bought the wrong bike, come to the dark side :sinister:
yeah ive seen that bike lift the front wheel from stand still, then though second gear and third.