What's YOUR routine..?

Do you exercise?

• Yes, I workout regularly

Votes: 64 50.0%
  • Sort of...occasional execise only

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Nope, God gave me a perfect physique and health

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Ex-er-cise? That's what they do to baby boys, right?

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice man! (no homo ;)) I need to try this P90X thing... Im 215, not really fat, just not defined and I am getting some love handles! I would love to lose 20 pounds and get back down to 195-200.

I can usually stick with good eating habits and some working out for a little bit. I swing between 209 and 215 but I just cant stop myself from binge eating. Its when I actually start to notice some improvements, something happens, I get stressed and just say fuck it and eat really unhealthy and huge portions. I was doing really good until my accident and I just have not got into it since. I really need to. :surrender:
Thanks, man. I hear ya! It always seems that something tries to get in the way. I've actually done 3 rounds, but the first 2 got cut short at 60 days due to things interfering. This time, I was like "Oh hell no, I'm finishing this!" I got to where I would workout right after I got home from work. No excuses. This meant I usually had to eat late, but it worked out in the end. If you can make it a part of your daily routine, it becomes habit and almost second nature.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Great job! Look like you use to be unhappy and skinny... as you pack some weight and definition... your smile got bigger too. :D

I might hit the gym a bit more after this weekend. West Palm Beach marathon this weekend. Finally!!! I've been running my a$$ off the last few months. I'm loading up on carbs now and try to raise my water %. Pasta, rice and salty snack (pretzel).
Yeah, I have always been skinny/slender/slim/scrawny/etc., however you want to label it. Although I wasn't huge, I am very strong for my actual size. But I wanted to add size, and I chose P90X based on a thread for guys looking to add muscle and not slim down. I am really pleased with the results, so the smile reflects that. Although, it could be possible that having my wife take the pics, whom I hadn't seen in a couple months, may have something to do with it as well. :p

JSP

Super Moderator
Well, I am going for it and starting P90X... Just need to get a pull up bar and a couple more dumbbells. I have the nutrition guide and I will follow it as close as I can. That is going to be the hardest part for me. I don't really have that much time to make all those different foods. I will have to make some substitutions to make it a little more streamlined and faster prep times.

Wish me luck! :eek:

Thanks for posting up 99. You pushed me over the edge to get back in shape ;)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I am going for it and starting P90X... Just need to get a pull up bar and a couple more dumbbells. I have the nutrition guide and I will follow it as close as I can. That is going to be the hardest part for me. I don't really have that much time to make all those different foods. I will have to make some substitutions to make it a little more streamlined and faster prep times.

Wish me luck! :eek:

Thanks for posting up 99. You pushed me over the edge to get back in shape ;)
Awesome! Glad I could help! :thumbup: Don't go crazy with the nutrition guide right away. It will be easier if you ease into making the changes gradually. Anyone wanting to stay on track can use this thread for accountability. Post your progress and receive encouragement. :D

Reactions: JSP

JSP

Super Moderator
Awesome! Glad I could help! :thumbup: Don't go crazy with the nutrition guide right away. It will be easier if you ease into making the changes gradually. Anyone wanting to stay on track can use this thread for accountability. Post your progress and receive encouragement. :D
Thanks! Yeah I will be held accountable now! I posted up I was doing it, so there is no way I can shame my self now by wussing out haha :D

I will be taking my starting point picture tonight, then doing the 30, 60 and 90 day pics and will post them up when I am done. I weighed myself last night and I am actually at 219 now :mad:. This is with our calibrated UPS weight scale... Snuck up on me :spank:

cavcuz05

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I started my next round of P90X on Monday. I used a 20 lb weight vest to do the pushups and pullups. I am so freaking sore today, it makes routine movements, like extending my arms, very difficult. :zombie:

bmw675

I started my next round of P90X on Monday. I used a 20 lb weight vest to do the pushups and pullups. I am so freaking sore today, it makes routine movements, like extending my arms, very difficult. :zombie:
awesome. Its good to see people starting over again and again, it shows that it works and that you believe in it.
I wish i had the time and dedication to do it. i've done 4-5 days and the cd's have just been collecting dust since then.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
awesome. Its good to see people starting over again and again, it shows that it works and that you believe in it.
I wish i had the time and dedication to do it. i've done 4-5 days and the cd's have just been collecting dust since then.
One thing that I found which helps me stick to working out is that I do it right after I get home from work and before I start doing anything else around the house. Also, I don't follow the CD's anymore. I have the worksheets from online that you can keep track of weight and reps, so there's no need to put in the CD and follow along.

linkgt

I just started going to the gym this month after being tired of being skinny :p

Anyway I don't know if it has been discussed here, but Starting Strength(SS) is a great book that goes into detail on compound exercises such as the squat, deadlift, bench pressing etc. I started reading it a few days ago, but have learned a lot already such as good form so I don't hurt myself, nautilus machines are inferior to barbell workouts,etc.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength-3rd-Mark-Rippetoe/dp/0982522738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324609428&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Starting Strength, 3rd edition (9780982522738): Mark Rippetoe, Jason Kelly: Books[/ame]

That's the 3rd edition which came out this month.

Anyway, My workout routine is this:

Sean10mm's Fitness Blog: "Stripped" 5x5

Hopefully I will see some newbie gain results in 3 months time but I definitely will continue after. I've never felt like this before about working out till now. Oh and some lifting info for those interested
Beginner's Health and Fitness Guide

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I hope everyone is still going strong!

I am posting a picture of me making French toast. I think it's a funny pic that my wife took. I'm in week 3 of another round of P90X. I've put on 20 lbs since my previous round started in August last year.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member